Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If Iran wanted a nuclear weapon so bad, than dont you think they might just buy one? They do have the 2nd?

Largest oil reserve in the world. So wouldnt they just buy one from a terrorist safe haven like Pakistan? Or Russia.? How can our government claim they are building a nuclear weapon factory????? REMEMBER THAT GAS IS 4.00 A GALLON....This is where Iran makes 99.6 % of its money. Not to mention oil money is where most of the terrorist get their funding from. I believe America is the number one consumer of heroin also. This is another source of income for the Taliban and Al quada. Does Bushs War really make sense??

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Commercially available nuclear weapons are designed to be extraordinarily difficult to detonate and they are readily identifiable with respect to the country of oridin.

The origin of a commercially available nuclear weapon can easily be determined and the country of origin can be held accountable if that nuclear weapon is detonated anywhere in the world.

Iran supports Muslim terrorists. One of the publically stated goals of the Muslim terrorists is to obtain a number of nuclear weapons and detonate a number of nuclear wepaons in target countries.

If Iran produces weapons grade Uranium and transfers that weapons grade Uranium to Muslim terrorists it is much more difficult to prove the origin of that weapons grade Uranium than it is to prove the origin of a finished nuclear weapon that is produced by a modern state.

Also a crude nuclear weapon made with weapons grade Uranium is much easier to detonate than a commercially available nuclear weapon which is deliberately made difficulet to detonate so that if a nuclear weapon were to fall into the hands of Muslim Terrorists they probably would not have the sophistication and the know how to detonate it.

Source(s): My experience. Over 40 years of Democratic Politics. Also my conversations with physicists with expertise in the field of nuclear weapons. Hillalry Clinton in 2012 if not 2008. If Barack Obama is given the Democratic Nomination then John McCain in 2008
  • 1 decade ago

No. For the same reason if Iran developed nuclear weapons they wouldn't supply them to terrorists. They can be traced to the country of origin and there would be hell to pay. Iran wants nuclear power so they can sell more oil and make more money. The opium/heroin thing you bring up is false,the Taliban was/is against drugs,production went up when they were removed from power. It is poor Afghani farmers that are growing opium because it is a viable cash crop. However the Bush war in iraq is senseless and the fact he was distracted from Afghanistan makes no sense. Bush helped put Ahmadinejad in power with his axis of evil speech,prior to that Iran helped us out the Taliban and offered to help in Iraq.

• rich k
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The Iranian government, with the backing of close to 80% of the Iranian people, wants nuclear reactors for the generation of electricity. They have even agreed to U.N. monitoring of their program to assure other nations that this is all they are doing. Bush and McCain are the ones who keeps saying that they are trying to make weapons, if you recall, it's one of the same arguments they used to justify the invasion of Iraq. As you rightly point out, they have no need to make their own Nuclear Weapons, they could simply buy them.

• 1 decade ago

No one will sell them one.

Everytime I turn around some new country has "the largest oil reserves in the world". I wish you Liberals would make up your lie I mean minds. I'm having trouble keeping up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That is what the **** everybody is afraid of. That is why messing around with Iran is a very bad idea, it is only a matter of time before they either buy or successfully build one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think they should be allowed to obtain nuclear power. They would probably just blow themselves up. That is all they really know how to do anyway.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think we should do away with all nuclear weapons, in every country. Ban them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We just need to make that part of world a huge parking lot, and be done with the infidels.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.