What do these lyrics from the song "IKO IKO" mean - " Jockamo feeno ai nané Jockamo fee nané "?

Can anybody answer this!?

The songs starts "My grandma and your grandma sititng by a fire"...

Then there's a chorus that I don't understand - " Jockamo feeno ai nané Jockamo fee nané "? - What does it mean?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The song is sung with a Carribean accent. What sounds like "Jackamo fee nane" is actually the line"I'm going free one day".

Another example is the title "Iko Iko" actually means "I go, I go"

• spies
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Iko Iko Lyrics

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What do these lyrics from the song "IKO IKO" mean - " Jockamo feeno ai nané Jockamo fee nané "?

Can anybody answer this!?

The songs starts "My grandma and your grandma sititng by a fire"...

Then there's a chorus that I don't understand - " Jockamo feeno ai nané Jockamo fee nané "? - What does it mean?

Source(s): lyrics song quot iko iko quot quot jockamo feeno ai nan jockamo fee nan quot: https://biturl.im/ViZYO
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Joc-a-mo-fee-no-ah-nah-nay, Joc-a-mo-fee-nah-nay" is a ritual chant used by the Mardi Gras Indians which has been around for so long the words are no longer clearly distinguishable, and it has a well understood meaning of its own. Very, very loosely translated it signifies "we mean business" or "don't mess with us". Originally it would have been Cajun (a liberal mix of French and English) and literally translates to "the fool we will not play today".

There are a lot of remakes, so check out this site.

• ?11 months agoReport

"Some music scholars say it translates in Mardi Gras Indian lingo as 'Kiss my ***,' '

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Possibly having roots in the Israeli Movement(Exodus) out of Egypt...

the song could be referring to inter-tribal war games played between the 12(15)tribes

as they moved towards their homeland.

Jockamo refers to the leadership of Joshua and Moses

and feeno ai nane refers to the freedom they are pushing towards in Canaan.

• 6 years ago

it is believed to have meanings:

From Mobilian Jargon it means - "Very good"

From Mardi Gras Indian Lingo it means - "Kiss my ***"

• Gloria
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

nothing, it was just nonsense lyrics , great song though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.