To all Christian sects about hell?

I've heard that 7th day believe in a sort of "disappearing of the soul" versus an eternity.

So is this true? Is there another sects that don't believe in a eternal hell?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

SDA and JWs believe in a one time destruction (put to death) with results that last forever eternally....the person never comes back. But I believe they think the soul is a separate thing whereas JWs believe humans are souls and when a person dies, the soul is dead. Ezekiel 18:4, 20, 1 Timothy 6:16 (immortality is only for those who go to heaven to rule with Jesus).

Jews also believe eternal death instead of burning alive forever. Hel, hela, hell is the Norse word for the grave.

Debbie

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I am a 7th Day Adventist and we only believe in what the Bible says. This is what the Holy Scriptures say about Hellfire:

-Not one single soul is in hellfire today(2Peter2:9)

-Sinners will be cast into the hellfire at the great judgment day at the end of the world(Matthew13:40-42)

-Both the wicked and the righteous are in their graves "sleeping" until resurrection day(John5:28,29;Job21:30-32)

-The wicked will perish, burn up be destroyed in the fire(Job21:30;Romans6:23;Malachi4:1;Psalm37:20)

-Hellfire will go out, and there will be nothing left(Isaiah 47:14)

-Only ashes will be left(Malachi4:1,3)

-Real live people will enter hell in bodily form and will be destroyed both body and soul.(Matthew5:30;Ezekiel18:20)

-the devil will also be cast into the fire(Ezekiel28:18,19)

*The purpose of hellfire is to destroy sin and the devil and to make the world safe for eternity. Eternal hell would only perpetuate sin and make eradication of sin impossible.

Eternal hell is NOT God's plan.

So you choose, either believe what the Bible says, or continue believing what Christians have been taught for hundreds of years; even though is not founded on the Bible.

Source(s): (Amazingfacts.org for free Bible study guides)
  • 1 decade ago

Scripture teaches that after the resurrection of the wicked, they are burned in a lake of fire that destroys sin and sinners, so the Savior YAHOSHUA can make all things new, and very good. There is no perpetual torture, and the dead sleep in their graves until their resurrection. The 7th day people get parts of it right.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hell is a myth like god. These are nothing but myths created by a very sick cult

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i believe in both heaven and hell.

• 1 decade ago

YES! but there not christian. "Accept Jesus and live"

God loves you...God bless

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.