Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Boise State University or Long Beach State?

Which one would be the better choice, academically? I haven't applied but I am not worried about getting in. I don't care about the California vs. Idaho thing, they both have their pros and cons. Price is also not an issue to me, they will both end up the same price in the end.

I know they are not the best schools, but if I had to choose between the two, which one would give me more opportunities?

Oh, and I plan to double major in Business and Fine Arts.

Thanks!

Thanks!

*Thank you to Muppet: I'm really sorry, I did not mean it that way. I know Long Beach is a good school, especially it's art department, which is important to me. Unfortunately, I switched my Idaho pick to College of Idaho so there is no worry :)

Thank you to Muppeet, you made a very good point and I am definitely taking it into consideration. Although, now this question is...well...pointless because I decided to switch my Idaho pick to College of Idaho :)

• Muppet
    Favorite Answer

I'm not sure why you don't think CSULB is a good school. It's a very hard school to get into. Even if you meet their qualifications you still might not get accepted because they get more applicants than they can enroll.

Repeatedly ranked as “One of the Top Five Public Comprehensive Universities in the Western United States” by U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges Guide, California State University, Long Beach is a diverse, student-centered, globally engaged university providing highly valued undergraduate and graduate programs of study through superior teaching, research, creative activity, and service for the people of California and the world.

CSULB professors are widely recognized for their outstanding teaching, research, and creative activities, and for their commitment to enhance student learning and student success by integrating research, creative activities, community engagement, and interactive technologies into their teaching.

CSULB students explore a broad array of disciplines, develop an appreciation of diverse ideas, artistic modes of expression, and global perspectives, and examine key discoveries in science, technology, and health-related studies. Their academic experiences are enriched through participation in research projects, creative endeavors, community service learning, internships, and international study programs.

CSULB graduates are highly successful, well-trained professionals, skilled problem-solvers, engaged community leaders, and creative contributors to our society.