Do banks check your credit or your history with banks when you are added to someone else's account ???

My boyfriend has Citizens Bank. I used that for a short time, maybe only 2 months a few years ago. I owe them around 100 dollars. My boyfriend wants to add me to his bank account so I can have my own debit card and access to his account etc. I know I have to bring my ID with me to do this, but do they look up your... show more My boyfriend has Citizens Bank. I used that for a short time, maybe only 2 months a few years ago. I owe them around 100 dollars. My boyfriend wants to add me to his bank account so I can have my own debit card and access to his account etc. I know I have to bring my ID with me to do this, but do they look up your name or SS# to check credit history or if you banked with them before? He owns the account..I would only be the secondary person. Thanks.
1 answer 1