Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 6
? asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 1 decade ago

Do they have a Fourth of July in Canada?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, they just don't celebrate on it.

• Miss P
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The equivalent of the 4th of July in Canada is Canada Day, the day when Canada became a nation. This occurs on July 1st.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, and also a 5th of July, and a 1st of May. The Fourth of July is not their Independence Day, though.

• 1 decade ago

Everybody has a fourth of July; they just don't celebrate their national independence like we do on that day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • No, because they go from July 3rd straight to July 5th. Crazy Canadians!

I think they have their own independence day, though, if that's what you're asking.

• 1 decade ago

No, in Canada we have Canada Day, to represent when our country became an independent country(from British rule). It's on July 1st and we have fireworks etc... and its a federal holiday.

• 1 decade ago

Yep, every July. Its not a holiday though.

• they do not really celebrate the American 4th of July they celebrate Canadian Independence (I believe that is what they celebrate) on the 3rd of July. which is celebrated, i Believe, the first 5 ( or so) days in July

Source(s): I went to the canadian side of Niagra falls durring the 4th of July celibration a few years back and they cellibrated the American and canadain independence days in the same week.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes--it comes between the Third and the Fifth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, every country does, but it's not a special occasion, or celebrated with fireworks etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.