where to download a free antivirus soft ware but not a trial version?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

If you want a free anti-virus I recommend in order of popularity, but please choose the right one for you (install only one):

1. AVG Free

a. A simple interface (easier to use than Avast! and Avira)

b. Can detect about 82.82% of viruses

Cons: low virus detection

2. Avast!

a. Real-time protection

b. It has an option to delete a virus once found

c. Can detect about 87.46% of viruses.

Cons: Too many icons and confusing user interface

3. Avira AntiVir

a. It can detect malware better than Avast and AVG

b. It's cute umbrella icon

c. Can detect about 94.26% of viruses

Cons: A very sluggish update

I advise against Norton anti-virus, it's bloated software that slows your computer down. The best anti-virus available is Kaspersky or NOD32 (recent tests at av-comparatives.org).

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Perfect Antivirus Protection Suite - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?MveU
  • cooke
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Norton is the worst anti virus danger-free practices obtainable, it ought to to boot be a virus itself, you'll comprehend what i advise once you attempt to uninstall it. i ought to bypass for NOD32, i imagine that is a fairly respectable AV for a respectable fee, i used to honestly acquire viruses for stimulating only to observe it eat them.. and it did! also, a number of of software isn't compatable with Norton, I extremely have seen this some circumstances the position it continuously thinks each software is a virus. Malware bytes is likewise a good software, their loose version is tremendous too

• 1 decade ago

Go to cnet.com and download the AVG anti-virus program it is totally free.

Source(s): I downloaded this program and have been using it now for 6 months.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you can download "ad-aware&avast" at download.com for free

there both great free programs

• 1 decade ago

filehippo.com....download the latest avira anti-vir personal...personally i think its the best anti-virus...really quick at detecting trojan viruses...highly recommended...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

go to

www.download.com

try <avg>

g.luck

• rick
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.