Is diarrhea a sign of pregnancy?!?

If I woke up this morning with diarrhea, and I'm in the stage that my period should be coming any day.. is it any sign of pregnancy?!? I had strep earlier this month, and I know that antibiotics can lessen the affect of birth control.. so I'm just wondering if possibly my birth control failed, and I could be pregnant. I'm also having cramping, which could mean my period is still coming any day..

Best Answer

Yes. Both pregnancy and constipation are signs of pregnancy. Pretty much anything that is out of the ordinary can be a pregnancy symptom. And you're right about the antibiotics and birth control. If you had sex on or around your fertile days, then you definetely be pregnant. Although you can test early, I'd wait a few days and see what happens. You either have to have a period or a positive, so wait a few days to a week to see what happens. If you don't get your period or it is unusual, I might would take a hpt or call your doctor for a blood test. Good luck!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is diarrhea a sign of pregnancy?!?

If I woke up this morning with diarrhea, and I'm in the stage that my period should be coming any day.. is it any sign of pregnancy?!? I had strep earlier this month, and I know that antibiotics can lessen the affect of birth control.. so I'm just wondering if possibly my birth control...

Source(s): diarrhea sign pregnancy: https://shortly.im/Q3vNy

I dont think diarrhea is a sign of pregnancy, but it can be a sign of your period coming. Some women can get loose stools before or during their periods.

diarhea is not a sign of pregnancy. It might be that since you were taking antibiotics that your body is reacting to it this way. some medication can give you diarrhea. Take a home pregnancy test. or your period is soon coming. good luck

Nope.

Diarrhea is not a sign of pregnancy, but like someone else just said, it can be a sign that your period is coming soon. I usually get some weird bowel issues the first day of my period. Gas ETC.

And, like the second poster said, you should try eating yogurt. Antibiotics can seriously mess up your intestines, especially when you drink milk!! I had to take antibiotics throughout my pregnancy and now I have some serious bm issues. I can no longer tolerate milk because of what the antibiotics did to my stomach.

• Stacy

Best Constipation Cures

Diarrhea is NOT a sign of pregnancy. Something else is causing problems in your digestive tract. Maybe it was something you ate?

usually constipation is a sign of pregnancy, not diarrhea. with cramping and diarrhea together, most likely your getting your period soon.

I can be a sign of labor, but I don't believe it's a sign of pregnancy. You've been sick, so it may just be part of that. And the cramping could be from the diarrhea itself or from your impending period.

• Ethel

No it is not a sign of pregnancy. It is a sign you ought to start eating some yogurt to replenish you're intestinal bacteria!