"Bad boys get the girls" : what do you make of this study?

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/bad-boys-have-a-prolif...

They’re narcissist, impulsive, deceitful and live life on the edge but still bad guys get more sex, a new research shows.

According to New Scientist, two US researches have found that men with antisocial personality traits are more likely to have a prolific sex life.

One of the studies, a survey of 35,000 people in 57 countries, found a clear link between the so-called ‘dark triad traits’ and the reproductive success of males.

"It is universal across cultures for high dark triad scorers to be more active in short-term mating,'' News.com.au quoted David Schmitt, of Bradley University in the US, as saying.

"They are more likely to try and poach other people's partners for a brief affair,” he added.

The second study found that males who scored higher in the dark triad personality traits had a greater number of partners and a desire for short relationships.

Favorite Answer

These guys are the equivalent of the stag with the biggest rack. They aren't wanted for their personalities...the personalities show they have an abundance of testosterone, and women are attracted to that on a subconscious/biological level. We're animals...and animals pick mates who make the strongest offspring.

(Yes some women go for nice guys who make good fathers...but not all, or even, I would say, most.)

Bad Boys Sex

I think someone has too much time on their hands to actually study this...that, or a bunch of nerds wondering why the non-nerds are getting all the poontang...

Maybe it's because the so-called "bad boys" are the most outgoing and feel that they have nothing to lose so they have the guts to go after a woman they find attractive, whether she's available or not? Ballsy guys have always been labeled "bad"...dunno why....

Maybe because they are more animalistic than the good guys. Bad boys are great for sex...also, just like men, women like a challenge. We enjoy the mating game just as much...on a primal level. So a nice guy might just be too open and too nice too soon....it doesn't give us a chance to fluff our feathers and strut. *smiles*

At the end of the day, I want a nice, good man to be with. Heck, he can even be boring...I'm exciting enough for the both of us. But if we are talking strictly sex...it's bad boy all the way. *grins*

The study is correct, but where do these bad boys end up when they finally do want something more, something longer lasting? They don't know how to do it, they burned a lot of bridges, and maybe even caught a few things along the way.

I'll take the good guy who suppresses the potential bad boy - cause they're even better in bed!

I've been down the "bad boy" trail....it didn't work out too well. Now I got the most fabulous "good boy" in the world. Happy 10 years to us!

I used to like "bad boys" until I got involved w/ one. The experience cured me. I'll take a nice guy over a bad boy every day of the week.

I'm thinking the attraction to bad boys/dangerous men is probably a holdover from the days when a man had to be able to protect his woman & children.

Bad Boys... I like bad boys because they're fun......Girl's don't really look for a good boy until she's trying to settle down either...... Bad boys give challenge.....while good boys just give in a little too quick and it makes things a little boring...... My boyfriend was a bad boy...He was this charming confident guy who was very forward and honest......I was so turned on by that.......Yes...sex played a big part in the beginning of our relationship.....it was Spicy....Girls like spice and bad boys usually do it that way....

I think we all know that *some* women are attracted to b*stards, but there are plenty of good ones left for everyone else.

I always wondered why the punks would steal all the women away in high school............

Now I know...........it really WASN'T my looks after all.

What a relief