Kevin B asked in SportsBasketball Ā· 1 decade ago

who is better bill russell or larry bird?

Best Answer

Bill Russel. No question.

I don't think you can really compare the two. They both played totally different positions during two completely different eras of basketball. Still, I'd venture to say that if both players were just coming out of college and were eligible for the draft, Bill Russell would be drafted ahead of Larry Bird. Bird was an all-star and a legend, no doubt, but no team goes very far unless they have a dominant big man. And Bill Russell was one of - if not the, most dominant big man ever.

Hi Kevin B,

They are not on the same level. Bird is offensive player. Russell is a defensive player. They're both great! Celtics legend.

ā™¦

Bird

I believe Larry is. Larry is a more versatile player. Bothe defensively and Offensivelly.

bill russell won 11 championships or 9 so thats a beast

larry bird, hands down. :)

That is comparing apples and oranges. They played in different eras and differerent positions.

russell