no rude comments i need a answer!?

my lmp was 3/8/08 and my 6week and 10week u/s also stated that my due date was 12-13-08(which is right on point with my lmp)well i went to my 13week 5day u/s yesterday and now they are saying i am 14weeks and 5days and that my due date is now 12-06-08 how is that possible when i know for a fact 3-8-08 was my lmp was i looked up info on the conceive caculators and its saying if im due the 6th than my lmp had to be the 1st which it wasnt!i dont get this at all than to make matters worse i cheated on my bf 5days be4 my period(but the next morning i went and took the morning after pill just so i wouldnt have any miss happs with this other guy) so did i get preg be4 my period(3/3/08) i did take the morning after pill the next morning after havin sex with the guy i cheated with than my period came on the 8th)i took preg test and they were negative i finally took one on april 6th and it was postive so whats going on! oh and if your gonna be a rude *** ***** than dont respond!

Favorite Answer

Your earliest ultrasounds are the best at dating a pregnancy as that is the period of time where fetal development in all babies is pretty much by the book. Anytime after that and they are just taking a guess. I would go with the results of your earliest ultrasound.

They tell the due date when you get an ultrasound by the size of the baby, not all babies grow at the same rate so your baby is just a little big, a week off isn't that big a difference.

Your due date being changed wouldn't mean you got pregnant before your period, the number of weeks starts from your last period so based on the ultrasound they are saying you got pregnant a week after your period. Don't worry about it being from the other guy, 5 days before your period is way too late in your cycle for it to have been his. Even if you ovulated really late if you had a lutal phase that was less than 10 days it makes it hard to get pregnant, so 5 days would make it nearly impossible.

Don't be angry--we didn't do anything here. I don't get it either. I am a high risk pregnancy, and have already had 2 ultrasounds with the 3rd this afternoon.......my first showed 5 w 4 days (I counted 6 w from my lmp) and then 8 days later it showed 6 w. It should have been 6 w 5 d based from the first one, and 7 w 1 day from lmp. I don't know what's up, but hopefully today I can get some more definitive answers. Like you, I know dates because I keep a calendar.

Perhaps your baby just grew a bit faster in that time frame.

Isn't your lmp your "last menstrual period"? Well if your period is usually the last week of the month, couldn't you get pregnant the first week of the month, or the second week of the month, or the 3rd week of the month (before you next scheduled period)... your lmp would still be at the end of the previous month, but you could have gotten pregnant any time during the next 3 weeks. I would think there could be like a 3 week range of times you could have gotten pregnant. Now, I know we only ovulate at certain times and stuff, but I also know people get pregnant when they don't mean to, so it can't be an exact science! I also thought that as soon as you got pregnant you stopped having periods because otherwise the embryo would be expelled. I hope this makes you feel better.

I don't know anything about the morning after pill part..but I can tell you you don't always ovulate at the exact time every single month so you can't always base your due date off of your lmp.

The dating with the u/s is far more accurate because it measures the size of the baby. Truthfully, I would just try to focus on baby while you are pregnant and get a paternity test done as soon as the baby is born.

You'll probably upset your boyfriend, but it's best to be honest upfront. If he loves you, and you have a strong relationship, he'll be there for you. Just make sure he knows that you are regretful.

Lots of luck sweetheart.

It may be nothing at this stage as your baby is developing and a weeks difference is nothing at all. my dates for my first child were all over the place as they are all based on growth rates.

Now I am not being rude at all but it seems to me that your concerned more about wether this is your boyfriends baby or not. If your boyfriend isn't aware that you cheated on him and you had intercourse with him in the same period of time then if you can live with it there is no reason to tell him that you cheated. sounds harsh I know but a weeks difference doesn't mean at all that it was someone elses. Sperm can survive for a couple of days after ejaculation and if you say that you took the morning after pill then your circumstances I would guess are either (a) you were allready pregnant before you slept with the other guy and so too late for the morning after pill or (b) the morning after pill worked at the time and you fell pregnant since with your boyfriend.

its based on the size of the fetus. don't worry about it. I would go with your orginal due date lol. with my first child they gave me the due date of 4/1/05, then by my last sono it had moved to 4/17/05, but I had her on 4/1/05 lol. with my second child I was right on too. lol. this time my due date is 12/27/08 so thats what I am going with no matter what. it will contiune to change as your baby grows sometimes if the baby is larger it will say your due date is sooner and if the baby is smaller it will say your due date is extended past your orginal. good luck

my goodness, thats a predicament and a half!!

well, i'm not spot on with math, but i know that you can still have a light period just after conception, so it is quite possible you conceived before your period. thing is, for the first, 10 weeks or so i think it is, all baby's grow at the same rate, so its unlikely that your scan was wrong. one way to know for sure, if the scan was right, the next scan shoul show the same date

I'm not sure about your dates but if you were relying on the morning after pill to work - trust me, don't rely on it. We're pregnant after taking the morning after pill. We're very happy and glad it didn't work though! I've had a couple of co-workers who have had the same thing happen too.

I don't know that they can ever predict with any accuracy the actual due date. Sometimes the baby grows a little faster than they expected. I'm sure everything is fine, and congratulations!