Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Is nuclear energy really Americas energy future, should it be?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No. It creates un-disposable waste that has to be stored in some artificial mountain in Nevada. There is also the threat of meltdowns occuring, or (okay Republicans, you can listen now) terrorists attacking a Nuclear Power Plant and purposefully causing a meltdown.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. Nuclear energy is extremely safe, clean, reliable and less expensive. The U.S. has been running nuclear power plants, subs and ships for decades. The newest technology makes waste possible and reusable. France has been using nuclear power for years and 80% of their energy comes from it.

Solar and Wind energy should also be a key component for the U.S. energy needs, but we should be drilling for more oil in the interm until these other forms of energy are put into action.

• 1 decade ago

We cannot continue to build nuclear power plants and have a safe world. Iran has nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. Saudi Arabia and Egypt are developing nuclear energy for peaceful purposes too. If nuclear energy becomes prevalant in the world then a nuclear terrorist attack is more likely.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe it's part of the answer as long as it is done wisely and safely as possible. Solar, and wind are also part of the answer along with clean methods of coal burning.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • dude
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

no what are we going to do with all that waste ???and they are not safe i used to live only 50 mile from three mile island and that was pretty scarey. we can harnes the wind and the sun and raie sugar beets or import sugar cane from cuba but i dont want nuclear power plants we should dismantle the ones we have now.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'd prefer solar, wind, hydroelectric or geothermal....I have mixed feelings about nuclear energy because of the waste

• 1 decade ago

The Republicans are determined to destroy the Environment and many USA Voters support it.

Short term gains are the objective.

• T S
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It should be, but wont as long as the environmentalists control our energy policy.

• 1 decade ago

no. unsafe and no place to put the waste. there are better, cleaner sources out there. we just need to put some big money up front, but being free from foreign oil will pay for itself in the end.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope remember Love canal. Still to this day you can get around that area. No place to put the waste.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.