Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Is the Police Officer's motto still to protect and serve ??

Is there some new kind of training that is turning our police into jack-booted thugs, they were once very professional and well respected. Yet here they are attacking a group of protesters that were fighting the disasterous NAFTA program which has been bad for all Americans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-3msql8GZs

Youtube thumbnail

I thought they did psychological testing, judging from your answers, they only take the psychos

Favorite Answer

No it is not....It used to be, but not anymore.

It has changed drastically over the years, but they would still like you to beleive that it is.

The police officers motto falls under a hidden agenda along with the rest of the judicial system, which is to make as much revenue as they possible can for the community in which they are employed in.

Thats why they say they can't do anything about the illegal imigration problem that has plaqued our great country, its because they know that there's no way they can create any revenue from doing it , so they just ignore the problem.

Its also why there are so many innocent individuals in the American penal system, the more prisoners that an institution has, the more money they get from the federal government.

The same reasoning can be applied to the federal schooling and welfare programs, the more people they can get into the system and keep in the system, the more money they get from the government.

As far as NAFTA protestors go, they're just using their official power to corrupt the constitution to accomplish a means to their ultimate goals, which is to make more money for their socialist programs.

Rise up and fight against the socialist and communism people!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is there some new kind of training that is turning our police into jack-booted thugs, they were once very professional and well respected. Yet here they are attacking a group of protesters that were fighting the disasterous NAFTA program which has been bad for all...

Source(s): police officer 39 motto protect serve: https://shortly.im/ZOCb2

The motto 'to Protect and to Serve' originated with the Los Angeles Police Department in 1963. Not sure how many other departments have adopted to motto.

Police Motto

To Protect And Serve

LOL. I love the person two above me. It's not that officers ignore illegal immigration laws, it's that they can't enforce them. If we detain an illegal and the federal government says release them, we have to release them.

As for the original post. The protesters were breaking the law and ignoring lawful orders. The took the necessary action to break up the group. I could care less what police officers find funny when alone, away from the public. Just like I could care less what a celebrity says during a phone conversation that they thought was private.

Source(s): Me Police Officer

YOU CAN FIND A FEW "ROTTEN APPLES'' IN ANY BARREL, CRATE, BOX, ROOM, OFFICE OR PROFESSION. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT EVERYONE FALLS UNDER THE SAME LABEL BECAUSE OF THE ACTIONS OF A FEW. I APPRECIATE WHAT MY LOCAL POLICE FORCE DOES TO "PROTECT AND SERVE" MY COMMUNITY, AND I FEEL GOOD HAVING THEM AROUND TO BE OF HELP AND ASSISTANCE WHEN I MIGHT NEED IT.

If you protest legally in within the laws of the state/city where are you located, everything will be fine. You knows as well as I, know there is no such thing as a peaceful NAFTA protest. The police in my neighborhood protect and serve. I have no problem with peoples right to assemble, but I do have a problem with police officers being attacked and property destroyed. I am almost certain the officers and business owners had nothing to do with the ratification of NAFTA....

• Edith

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/JnwtM

negative..most policemen seem to be very racist towards black people in my opinion there are probably a few policemen who are truly good..but the police is so corrupt that if you are a truly good police officer you wouldn't be able to stay there

When the SCOTUS rules in 2005 that police do not have to protect people, what does anyone wonder about how many gun owners there are in this country. Police no longer "protect and serve".