Thousand Islands?

Does anyone know anything useful about the Thousand Islands, please tell me. I'm planning to go on a trip to Niagara Falls (US and Canada), then Toronto, and then Thousand Islands. Can we really visit the Thousand Islands? How does it work? Have you been there? How did you get around? What are the main attractions? Is it really as breathtaking as people say it is?

Hi Andy, thanks for the website, but I've seen it before. But if anyone could really tell me how it is at the Islands, and how to get around, if it's really breathtaking in person, how far from island to island, if we can visit most of the islands, etc. Which places I can't miss etc

Favorite Answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_Islands#Popu...

of course you can go.I've never been but lots of my friends have and they say it beautiful and something i have to see

The Thousand Islands is the name of an archipelago of islands that straddle the U.S.-Canada border in the Saint Lawrence River as it emerges from the northeast corner of Lake Ontario. They stretch for about 50 miles (80 km) downstream from Kingston, Ontario. The Canadian islands are in the province of Ontario. The U.S. islands are in the state of New York. The islands, which number 1,793 in all, range in size from over 40 square miles (100 km²) to smaller islands occupied by a single residence, to even smaller uninhabited outcroppings of rocks that are home to migratory waterfowl. The number of islands was determined using the criteria that any island must be above water level for 365 (366) days per year, bigger than one square foot (roughly 900 cm²), and support at least one living tree. The area is very popular among vacationers, campers, and boaters, and is often referred to as the "fresh water boating capital of the world".