Just got new Mac: How do I open links in new tab?

Alright I've finally got a new computer, my first Mac, and I love it but I just need one thing that I don't know how to do: Opening links in new tabs. You know, I'm at a webpage and say it says Click Here, but I want to keep the page I'm on as well. So on a PC I would left click and say Open in New Tab. What do I do on a Mac, the left click button not being there?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

go into preferences>tabs and check Command-click opens a link in a new tab. Command is the button next to the space bar. if you don't check this in preferences then command-click will open the link in a new window.

p.s. you can also "right-click" with a mac by pressing control and then clicking. that will open up the little menu where you can choose 'open link in new tab'.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Just got new Mac: How do I open links in new tab?

Alright I've finally got a new computer, my first Mac, and I love it but I just need one thing that I don't know how to do: Opening links in new tabs. You know, I'm at a webpage and say it says Click Here, but I want to keep the page I'm on as well. So on a PC I would left click and...

Source(s): mac open links tab: https://shortly.im/mDWJV
  • 5 years ago

I am using a Macbook, with a Wacom Cintiq 24HD, and a Windows keyboard, so have no keyboard quickies, so I drag the link to the plus sign on the tab link.

• 1 decade ago

The button next to space (command) + click

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if u r using firefox...click on file and select new tab...then type the web page that u want to go to...

• 6 years ago

I don't know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.