Thinking about fleeing the country?

So, I'm drowning in debt. I'm a 25 y/o law student. I've just completed my first year of law school, and already know my grades aren't going to be good enough to get one of those "great" jobs at a firm that start out at $150K/yr. I'm realistically looking at a 55K ish starting... show more So, I'm drowning in debt. I'm a 25 y/o law student. I've just completed my first year of law school, and already know my grades aren't going to be good enough to get one of those "great" jobs at a firm that start out at $150K/yr. I'm realistically looking at a 55K ish starting salary. With that in mind, I currently have close to $150K in student loan debt from undergrad and law school already, plus close to $30K in other debt, (which I'm working to pay off). I know I can't discharge the student loan debt in bankruptcy, and once the payments come due, they will eat up my entire salary. This will leave me little money for rent, car, etc (basically life). So I'm seriously thinking about fleeing the country once I graduate law school and leaving it all behind. Good idea? Anyone got a better one?
2 answers 2