Kobe Bryant asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

What should the Pistons do to get a center?

From the draft: Joey Dorsey, Robin Lopez and Roy Hibbert are good choices.

From the league: Elton Brand, JO, Emeka Okafor (maybe there's more) is good fit for the Pistons. Who should they trade away to finally get over the hump?

Favorite Answer

Well, any deal they do is likely going to involve Rasheed Wallace and/or Chauncey Billups.

Denver is really shopping Marcus Camby, and New York is shopping Zach Randolph. Both are possibilities and have been rumored publicly.

Jermaine O'neal would be good for the Pistons lack of an inside presence. But his attitude may make Dumars think twice.

I wouldn't mind seeing Okafor come here, he's never really "broke out" yet and I think he could really have some good years in Detroit.

As far as the draft, Roy Hibbert would be nice but I think he'll go in the top 20. I've also heard that Joe Dumars is thinking of trading both of his draft picks to get out of the draft altogether.

Joey Dorsey is much too short to play center. Robin Lopez seems to be more of a project to me. Elton Brand is coming off a serious injury, has a huge contract, and at 6'8 is a natural and undersized POWER FORWARD.

Jermaine O'neal is overpriced and would probably hate the idea of bumping around with other centers in the post, but if he could be had in a quality deal, I would say yes. Okafor is a solid choice, while undersized at 6'10, he would be an upgrade over Dice on the defensive end in the paint, but he is limited offensively.

Personally, my choice and hope is that Roy Hibbert falls to us in the draft. I think Hibbert could come in and play quality minutes in the league right away. Just one man's opinion.

this is my opionion if they do decide to keep there pick they would pick up dj white powerfoward he is a good all around player and i read a article saying we made a promiss we would pick him but that was a month ago things can change and i also heard they would trade the pick and make it a package deal with players and picks roy hibbert is going earlier than 29 joey dorsey i dont like him hes not a offenseive player or defensive robin lopez hes alright i think it would be good to trade rasheed and the pick for emeka cuz larry brown and rasheed are friends and rasheed could be back in north carlonia were he played college

The center position is not really their "hump" but if they go for a center that is a star it will likely be Jermaine O'Neal for Wallace, possibly Amir Johnson and a package of picks.

If they go draft, I'd look strongly at Roy Hibbert because he fits their halfcourt set well.

i wanna see amir at he center position, but i have been saying all this time we need to get okarfor for center and get rid of sheed and dice

get roy hibbert or get ilgauskas