I got a ticket for my tinted windows?

I just moved to San Diego, CA and I got a ticket for my tinted windows. "26708(a)(1)V.C. - Tint Film Not Allowed" What happens if I just pay the fine and don't fix it?

A lot of people have said they got a Fix-It-Ticket for this but mine doesn't say anything like that. How do I know if its a "Fix-It-Ticket"?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

CA laws state that the front windows must allow at least 70% light through. The back windows & rear window can be tinted. If th back window is tinted, you must have dual outside mirrors or face another ticket for that.

Source(s): 15 yrs Law Enforcement

If you don't remove the tint, you will continue to get tickets. Eventually this can lead to bigger trouble.

A fix it ticket is when you correct the reason you were ticketed and the judge lets you off without repercussions.

My advice, check the local laws (some areas allow tint on the back windows but not on the front) and get rid of the tint you were sighted for.

You'll just get more tickets. I would fix it. It should say if it's a fix it ticket or a compliance violation (on the back), if it doesn't call the court clerk and as them. Especially if you moved to a location that doesn't allow the tint, you really need to just fix it and save yourself some heartache and MONEY!

Well what could happen is that you could get another fine. But if you have a vehicle inspection coming up, you will not pass the inspection, that is if the front windows have tint on them.

you will get stopped again and get another ticket. juste pay the ticket and get rid of the tinting.

try calling the courthouse. By the way according to cal. law only front windows need to be untinted so police can see the driver clearly. the back windows can be tinted

if you do not fix it they will just keep giving you tickets, to find out oabout the fix it thing there should be a number on your ticket to call for inquieries

I would keep it and then the next time you get a ticket, call the cop a pig, it works they like it. lol

Well, dont fix it and get another ticket, and another, and another.

you have to take the tint then go show it to a sherrif.