What are the most lightweight cars...I'm looking to sup one up?

I want to find a lightweight car because I am gonna start suping it up and I was told go with the lightest car as a base and work from there. Any advice is helpful.....thank you.

Update:

It is an everyday use car so caterham and those cars are probably not the best choice.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • C7S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

New or Old(Used)?

Old:

Mazda MX-5(Miata)

Mazda MX-3

Mazda MX-6

Mazda Protege

Mazda RX-7

Nissan 240sx(Silvia)

NIssan Sentra

Honda Civic

Honda Del Sol

Toyota Celica

Mitsubishi Lancer

Hyundai Tiburon

VW Golf GTI.

Acura Integra

Acura RSX

New:

Honda Civic

Honda S2000

Hyundai Tiburon

VW Rabbit GTI

Mazda 3

Lotus Elise

Mitsubishi Lancer

Nissan Sentra SE-R

• 1 decade ago

There is a special Lotus (Caterham) Super Seven that has some of the lightest construction out there with out going to the newer Eliese or the older Europa.

They just don't come much ligher then these.

• 1 decade ago

The lightest cars are examples like Caterhams and Westfields that way between 500-600kg. Cars like these require very little, if any, modifications as they offer outstanding performance. A good car for modifying would be something like an Honda S2000 as it ways 1200kg and has a good strong engine.

• Ryan
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

nissan 240sx. You can shed extra weight very easily, by removing the seats, and replacing the front one's with racing seats. These cars are very popular to drifters because they are light, and have good balance. Parts are also very cheap, and there are tons of engine/tranny swaps out there for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.