i have a dell comp with windows xp i set a screensaver and it doesnt show up?

i try to set a picture as my backround and a set desktop back round box pops up. it asks me for color and position. i do that and then click set as backround. it doesnt work and my backround on my computer is white. does anyone know how to fix this please?

Favorite Answer

A screensaver uses an extention *.scr to function as a real screen saver which starts after whatever time interval you set. There may be other options to set for the screensaver itself.

A Desktop background image is not the same as a screensaver as it is a static image. Any image can be set as a background image although some image formats are better suitable. Usually you just right-click on the image and select the context menu selection to set it as your Desktop.

Ron

• Rowen

Go Start->Settings->Control Panel, double click Display->click Desktop, in the panel browse for the picture you want as background and double click it to upload, on the right hand side is a panel to select whether you want it tiled, centred or stretched. Select Stretched, click Apply->OK and close all panels. You should now have the picture as desktop.

Do you know what type of file you were using? For example, TIF files may not work. Look up if your file is compatible with the XP for setting it as a background.. If it is, then the file might be corrupted. Try uploading or making it again and see if that works. If this doesn't help then I am sorry and if it does it was a pleasure.

Source(s): Past experience