Anonymous

Why are italian-american families so loud?

i come from a 100% italian american family, and every1 is so damn loud and aggressive

Favorite Answer

It's because you reside in Jersey. Jersey folks.....enough said....

Source(s): I, too, reside in NJ. :-(

Not all italian will shut up when told to, some will actually become even more aggressive. Yes, a sure sign you might have at least like italian in your bloodline is loud talking and even excitability. I used to think loud talking was a problem until I recently found a website by accident that describes me to a T. People who have italian in them tend to not deliberately irritate anyone because they're allowed unknowingly, and they tend to sometimes not even know how loud they are. This can be mistaken for hearing loss, but if you can't hear just how loud you really are or maybe you just don't realize it and therefore cannot control it, it may be time to ask God for help. After all, he made the miles and the rest of the body. You just can't fix what's not broken, but what's not broken probably just needs better control. You might not be able to control it on your own and oh my God is the one able to give you the real help you really need. Talking loud is really a gift because loud voices can really come in handy. You were given the loud voice for a purpose, you were born with it so don't despair

They can be talkative but they can also be very funny, especially when they try to speak English. I suppose an Italian American has loudness on both sides. They tend to be small and small people can be a bit pushy.Anyway, you can hardly call some Americans retiring can you? Just travel the bible belt and hear them shouting their heads off ( in the name of Jesus of course. ) The Italian are ok and they were very funny during world 2, really made me laugh under Mussolini..

I think as an american italian its part of our culture to express ourselfs not only with our hands, but by talking load trying to get a point across to someone who may not agree with our views. We're noted for having bad tempers whereby we talk loud when we get mad and I think we remain always doing it.

Italians are loud everywhere. All over Europe Italians are a real menace and can be heard bellowing over and above other nations. In the South of France for instance they are real pests and can be heard roaring in hotels, on the beach, on walks etc. Sometimes the Irish take exception at their noisy aggression and give them a hammering. The Italians seem to try to be dominant and intimidate others through speaking very loudly but when told to put up or shut up they nearly always shut up.

I donno..my bf's Family is Italian on his Mom's side and when we're all together..I tell you it's loud haha..but it's also really fun...they're also very nice and funny too...I guess they just want to be heard? lol hmmm, good question...and I don't care they all cook so fricken good,there's a ton of food at all of our get togethers(and Christmas is a big Italian yummy dindin)...I can't wait to go to Italy!

I don't know. I have two good friends that are itilian though. One is loud..the other is real loud. Especially if he gets a beer or 2 in himself.

I think that it's because they want get there opinion in and they think that the only way is to say it really loud!

Every culture has its pros and cons.

You guys might be loud, but your food is pretty damn good :)

IDK. But that's funny. I have also noticed that but would not say anything since I'm not Italian. =) They also are people who love their families (loud or not) and seem to be genuinely nice (good) people.

Hey, im a hundred percent Italian American too.

I guess its just in our gene to be loud and agressive....

i like being loud, and i don't know why.

Yes my family likes fights, donno why