Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Why aren't the people of Iowa not looting and rioting like the people New Orleans did after Katrina floods?

Favorite Answer

I think it's because you're dealing with independent, self reliant farmers instead of totally dependent on the government poor people who have been taught for decades that they shouldn't do anything for themselves, the government will do it.

• champy

you particularly might desire to be a moron to evaluate the two failures. what's moving into Iowa is undesirable, yet Katrina became far far worse. Are over a million,000 human beings going to die in those floods? Is there thosands of people in Iowa standed in residences or on the streets hungry searching for nutrition, or crammed right into a stadium with undesirable sanitary situations and little to consume? Did they lose an entire city under water? this does not evaluate to what surpassed off in New Orleans, in case you think of it does get your head checked. this question became of course meant to hold the racist scumbags out from their rocks. It did a severe-high quality activity with that.

At the risk of having everyone jump down my throat over this answer....I think it has a lot to do with the work ethics and values of the people in the Midwest. A very large percentage of those in Louisiana are on government assistance, some 2nd and 3rd generation. While I'm not saying that no one in Iowa gets federal assistance, the percentage is much lower and I think they know the meaning of hard work. Most don't expect to have things handed to them and are willing to help each other out in times of crisis. It would surprise me very much if they was any looting or rioting.

Excellent question! It is a good contrast, why aren't the people screaming the President failed! It's GW's fault that the levees are failing!

Actually I haven't seen a post blaming all this on Global Warming either......

Of course the answer is, these are hard working, pull yourself up by the bootstraps people. You have to take care of yourself, and help your neighbors. Their parents dealt with it, their grandparents did the same, and that's just how it is. The potential for flooding is always there in the midwest this time of year.

barry get over yourself.the people in iowa are smart enough to pay attention to flood warnings and leave ahead of time.and if you look at the footage all of downtown cedar rapids is under water.almost everyone got out so dont tell me they simply have to walk away from the river and their safe you ignorant cock sucker before you jump jessica think about what you know and dont know.are you trying to say the poor people in new orleans have it tougher than people in iowa.its more of a hardship in new orleans than the almost 1000 miles of the mississippi thats sure to flood.i hope you guys have had enough warning this time that flood waters are coming.plug in all the t.v.'s you guys stole and tune in to c.n.n.i hope ray naggins is watching too.to see how its done.

Source(s): family all over the flooded areas.use to live right in the middle of it and my 9 year old still does.

for the same reason that on the Mississippi gulf coast, where i was during Katrina, there were little to no looters. the majority of those who stayed in new Orleans for the storm were deviants.

that's the bottom line, and i dint want any idiots trying to dispute me because they werent there and they dont know how it really went down.

and i dont care how many people thumbs me down, they werent there but they try to act like they are a freakin expert on what happened.

and yes those that were looting were deviant, there is no excuse for it. so dont try to make up claims that justify it barry.

White, self reliant folks instead of a people degraded by Democrats for 60 years into believing they cannot wipe their nose without a handout from Uncle Sam.

• gldmj5

Because unlike New Orleans, the people of Iowa are receiving adequate relief from their government.

cause they are "typical" white people relying on themselves instead of the BIG GOVERNMENT.