Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If your a christian and believe in Evolution, how does it go against God?

What if God created the process of evolution, I know theres no evidence to support the theory, its just mere speculation, but if it is true, how would that go against what you believe to be true?

If you believe the Communion is a symbol and metaphor, why can't Genesis (Thanks Free Thinker btw) be a metaphor? You say the bible is mixed with them everywhere. You say Adam was the first man, okay, so what if Adam was the first evolved Man?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The is no real reason why you can not accept evolution as being factual and still be a Christian. However, it does raise a number of theological problems if you are one to actually think about why your religion is the way it is. For instance, the reason for God wanting blood sacrifice throughout the OT and ultimately sacrificing his son is explained/foreshadowed by His killing animals to clothe Adam and Eve. Then there is the whole question of original sin and if it did not enter the world by Adam and Eve's actions then it implies that God created us as sinful.

The basic problem is that you create a paradox for yourself as you start making the parts of the Bible that have been shown to be false to be a metaphor. In essence you are saying we know this didn't happen therefor rather than being wrong we will still believe that it is God's word and will ignore that it makes God out to be a liar.

By the way, there is a major difference in how Jesus presented "communion" and how creation is presented. It is easy to see that Jesus was speaking symbolically, whereas the creation myth is presented as fact.

Believe if you wish to, but evolution is still a fact.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Evolution says that everything happened by chance and that there is no design or purpose in life.

The Bible states unequivocally that God created everything in the universe and it all has design and purpose.

Evolution leaves no hope after this life but a cold grave where people rot away to nothing.

The Bible teaches that there is eternal life beyond the grave for everyone - some in Heaven and some in the Lake of Fire.

Evolution is a hypothesis which gives birth to another religion called Atheism - which is a man-centered religion that leaves God to be impotent and unnecessary to life and makes man to be the final authority on everything.

The Bible teaches that God is the center of all things and man is merely a miserable sinner without hope outside of the saving grace of God extended through Jesus Christ! We are all unworthy of this salvation but God is willing to give it to us if we will believe in our hearts what His Word says and act on it.

Evolution has no explanation that goes beyond the single cell in explaining the origin of life.

The Bible says that God created the worlds simply by speaking them into existence and now scientists are finding that evolution is what the wise have known all along - an impossible hypothesis whose proofs have been falsified and twisted for years and the evidence points increasingly to the creation of the world and all that is in it -- even without many of the scientists having anything to do with religion.

Any Christian who believes evoluton is plausible would have to deny scripture and abandon his faith. Light and darkness will never be compatible!

• 1 decade ago

It goes against God ONLY IF you leave God out of the picture. The Eucharist is REAL and not a symbol or metaphor. However, it is a real sign of the real presence of the body and blood of Christ. As long as the soul of Adam was created by God, there is no problem.

• 1 decade ago

Evolution is a fairy tale. We can't cause species to evolve on purpose, how could it possibly happen accidentally?!?! They think just because they can alter color, shape, and number of appendges on a subject that this is proof of evolution. It's just manipulating what is there. A dog with 5 legs is still a dog. A fruitfly with 4 wings is still a fruitfly.

Communion is a memorial of our savior Jesus Christ. He said do this to remember me. The bible says 7 days not 7 million.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

confident I do. God gave us the account of the advent and he's no longer a liar. i think of you could desire to take Genesis because of the fact the be conscious of God in case you will use the Bible as your handbook. If it starts out with a lie what sturdy is the e book? How do you recognize what to believe? If human beings declare that Genesis is metephorical while did the tale exchange to genuine lifestyles human beings? Do you beleive that Jesus walked in this earth. you could hint his geneology returned to Adam. If Adam became right into a made up character how became into Jesus born? None of his kinfolk might have been born because of the fact they're all decendants of Adam. Why might the Bible provide the geneology of fictional charecters. the subsequent situation with the evolutionary concept is it the suitable opposite of what God tells us. Evolution says that demise got here formerly sin. issues died formerly guy ever lived. God says there became into no demise till guy sinned. Is God a liar? i do no longer think of so. yet another situation is I definitely have seen evolution save human beings from believing in God yet have by no ability heard of all and sundry who discovered God because of the theory. Why might God use something that has led hundreds and particular tens of millions far off from Him? Charles Darwin became right into a sort of individuals. He wrote the theory and it made him have self assurance there became into no choose for God, consequently He would not exist. yet another situation is Jesus reported Adam as though he have been a real guy or woman. Jesus became into there while it occurred and if we can't take His be conscious for it then we can't take His be conscious for something He reported. He became into acceptable so he by no ability gave a faux witness. If He did then He became into no longer acceptable and would not have been a acceptable sacrifice. and that's what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is all approximately. He lives as we talk and he's no longer a liar. you could believe what guy says or you could believe in Jesus. i pick to settle for Jesus at His be conscious.

• 1 decade ago

I am not Christian but the reasoning behind it is simple. Evolution proves it can occur without outside interference. Apply Ockham's razor and there was no outside interference.

Edit: For the guy below me, I wish to point out ID is nothing more then evolution but saying goddunit. You really should read about ID.

• 1 decade ago

There is more to being a Christian than just going through the motions. Its all about worshiping in spirit and in truth. You have to believe in Jesus Christ and that he is God in the flesh, came to this earth to die for our sins and rose again that we have an opportunity to have fellowship with and become reconciled back to God.

• 1 decade ago

I don't have a problem with God guided evolution as a concept if he chose to work in this manner. I don't understand why those who accept this have a problem with Intelligent Design. I mean if God guided the evolution would he not have used his intelligence?

• 1 decade ago

Christians adhere to micro-evolution, that's how God works.

But macro-evolution when things supposedly change from one thing to the other is pure foolishness and can not be ascribed to by a believer of the bible.

We were created and not evolved.

• Huddy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Not to accepting the reality of evolution means going up against science, logic, and the majority. Doing so makes your organization feel "persecuted" and in need of "protection," whether spiritual or legal, against your evil foes. A sense of persecution can bond people together and make them feel protective of each other. This is how cults operate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.