Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Are you comforted that Obama bases his National Security strategy on Winnie the Pooh childrens books ?

Via the Telegraph:

17/06/2008

Richard Danzig, who served as Navy Secretary under President Clinton and is tipped to become National Security Adviser in an Obama White House, told a major foreign policy conference in Washington that the future of US strategy in the war on terrorism should follow a lesson from the pages of Winnie the Pooh

Mr Danzig told the Centre for New American Security: “Winnie the Pooh seems to me to be a fundamental text on national security.”

Mr Danzig spelt out the need to change by reading a paragraph from chapter one of the children’s classic, which says: “Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselect...

This can only be described as...surreal

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Keep up the good questions!!!

Obama has no National Security experience whatsover. He's an empty suit Promising anything that the people want to hear.

He doesn't even want to talk with our General in Iraq cause he's ashamed of himself and he would feel like he's out of touch.

• Joe S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The statement could possibly hurt his campaign if people successfully smear in the manner that you do. It's helpful to continue the quote that you cut off:

<<

Mr Danzig spelt out the need to change by reading a paragraph from chapter one of the children’s classic, which says: “Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming down stairs. But sometimes he thinks there really is another way if only he could stop bumping a minute and think about it.”

>>

Now, I'll give you a point. Basing defense on a cuddly bear does not inspire confidence. However, questioning whether there is another way is an entirely reasonable thing to do.

Mind you, I don't for a moment endorse Obama. I don't trust him to provide security. But your selective quote smear can only be described as...pathetic.

• 1 decade ago

I guess someone hasn't told him that the enemy isn't filled with fluffy cotton like a teddy bear but instead filled with nuclear weapons armed to the teeth. Perhaps he should take a National Security freshmen level class at a local community college.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi Reverend! It just means that if you can stop and think for a minute about a better way to handle things instead of the way the current administration is handling them, we would be better off. Try it, displace your thoughts from the bible, clear your mind and imagine the current state of affairs and how you would make them better. Reality will set in for you someday, hopefully it will not wait till you are on your deathbed when you finally realize that you had it all wrong for your whole life!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Not only not comforted Im terrifed if obama gets in this wonderful country will be so screwed up we will all be sneaking across the border to mexico which will by then be a much better place everyone bitches about McCane wanting to bomb everyone fine bomb um fu@k um its better to bomb than be bombed

• MI
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes because the 100 acre woods was never hit by terrorist and never went to war. Everyone loved each other and worked together to have a fun, safe place to live.

I don't know why you are racist towards Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Roo, Kanga, Eeyore, Darby and Christopher Robin but you should let it go and take advantage of an opportunity to "think, think, think - When you have a problem, think, think, think". Maybe you should call the Super Sleuths to help you with your problem!

Source(s): Playhouse Disney
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Left is enjoying a fantasy carnival right now. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

No matter what part of the Right you belong to, anti-McCain or pro-McCain, you should turn out to vote against this communist Obamam.

• 1 decade ago

Better than basing the National Security Strategy on how much money will get flooded into the Bush family accounts!

• 1 decade ago

Piglet Rocks! Obama sux.

• 1 decade ago

That is an extemely convenient location to stop quoting.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.