Should someone apologize if he said something that hurt someone's feelings, even if he doesn't he was wrong?

Does the Bible say anything about needing to say you're sorry ?

Favorite Answer

Your question...it is worded poorly.

So, what you're saying is that if the Bible doesn't say something is wrong, then you don't have to apologize for it?

The Bible speaks strongly about repentance, about doing what is good and righteous.

An apology should be a statement in which one recognizes that something was done that was wrong ... even if it was merely being insensitive. It is then a commitment to do better.

Whatever you did, whether it was right or wrong, hurt somebody. Even if you aren't sorry for what it was that you did, perhaps you might experience regret for the feelings which you brought about in this other person.

An apology might express insensitivity, and a wish to do better in explaining your actions. It might include a commitment to consider that person's feelings in future actions which may affect them.

All that you are trying to do is to promote harmony between you and that other person.

Just my thoughts.

I wouldn't say you're sorry if you're not. Are you sorry that you hurt someone's feelings? You can hurt someone by saying something that is completely right. The saying of it at all, or where you said it, or how you said it could have been wrong.

Sounds like you and the person have much to talk about.

Don't know or care what the bible says.

If I know someone is hurt-by me or anyone else-- I tell them I am sorry they are hurt. If I did something to make them feel bad-I apologize immediately.

If I hurt them and don't care, it is a reflection of ME, not them.

If I didn't do anything, and they got hurt, I can still say. "I am sorry for your pain."

I think it is more important to protect the relationship-to forgive and be caring-than to sort out who was wrong and who was right. If both of you are more concerned about protecting the quality of the relationship, you will both benefit. If only one does, leave.

If one person has to place blame properly-it is not a loving relationship-it is misery dressed in lust.

Source(s): Love is the answer.

No, such a policy is retarded and counter-productive.

I once said something that hurt some guys feelings and he was like "Ooh, my feelings are hurt" and he was blubbering on in such a way that made him rather despicable in my sight, as I prefer men to be men not gutless little sheep so I broke his arm with an Aikido maneuvre.

Now the man was screaming his head off and I smiled, now satisfied that I had proven to this arsewipe an important fact about reality.

Here it is for all to meditate upon.

"Feelings are like shadows and hurt feelings are like hurt shadows: nothing esp. when compared to some real honest to God pain like a shattered elbow or a gunshot to the butt."

I was never one to get my feelings hurt or get mad, I just prefered to be smart and get EVEN.

Lex Talionis beats the Golden Rule every time.

Ponder the wisdom of William Blake:

"He followed the Golden Rule 'til he became the Golden Fool."

• rk s

Yes, if you value the relationship.I loose nothing except a false ego, if i can apologize and bring back the smile on someones face.It is the virtue of the strong,a week person will never gather enough guts to apologize.And do it immediately.doing it a few days later is as good as not doing it.

It says if you are at the altar about to offer something to God, and you remember you offended your brother, you need to make things right with your brother before you make your offering. (It's in Matthew.)

I'm not a Christian, but if peace needs to be made, I will usually say, "I'm sorry that I offended you/hurt your feelings," or "I'm sorry that we had that disagreement," or something of that nature. It lets you say that you want to be at peace again, even if you don't feel you did something wrong.

Perception is reality, if your brother is offended, then set aside your gift, go and reconcile with him, then come to Me..."

Keep in mind that, within the faith, there are the strong and the weak, the strong should willing to reach out and work with the weak...

Happens all the time, no big deal, etc. Don't let your pride get in your way...the devil can use that to bring division.

You ought to apoligize for hurting that person's feelings......

maybe not for what you said, if you want to be totally honest.

How hard is it to say, "I'm sorry I hurt you."?