Can I sue my landlord for unfixed leaks/repairs and black mold?

Can I sue my landlord for unfixed leaks/repairs and black mold? I have been living in my current apartment since December 2007. One of the conditions of my moving in, was that my landlord would fix all the issues existing in the apartment. I should have gotten it in writing, but I didn't, and I moved in. My... show more Can I sue my landlord for unfixed leaks/repairs and black mold?
I have been living in my current apartment since December 2007. One of the conditions of my moving in, was that my landlord would fix all the issues existing in the apartment. I should have gotten it in writing, but I didn't, and I moved in. My apartment is an illegal basement unit, and I have no written contract with the landlord. He never fixed any of the long list of needed repairs, and for the last several weeks my kitchen ceiling has been leaking. Black and blue molds are coating the kitchen ceiling now, and he has seen it but has not fixed the leaks or done anything to alleviate the mold. Now he tells me he is selling the house and I have until July to leave. Can I take him to small claims court? I have these things on him - unfixed repairs, leaks, mold affecting my asthma and causing nausea/headaches, and unlawful eviction because he is giving me less than 90 days notice. Since I am unprotected (no lease, etc) can I take him to court and how?