Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

I need help with 20 facts on Rodman Philbrick.?

I have a summer reading project and I have to get 20 facts about the author of Freak the Mighty, Rodman Philbrick, but I can't find anymore facts. Please help. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Rodman Philbrick grew up on the New England coast,

he worked as a longshoreman and boat builder.

The Private Eye Writers of America nominated two of his T.D.Stash series as best detective novel and then selected Philbrick's 'Brothers & Sinners' as Best Novel in 1993. Writing under the pen name 'William R. Dantz' he has explored the near-future worlds of genetic engineering and hi-tech brain control in books like 'Hunger', 'Pulse', 'The Seventh Sleeper'. And 'Nine Levels Down'.

Inspired by the life of a boy who lived a few blocks away, he wrote 'Freak The Mighty', the award-winning young-adult novel, which has been translated into numerous languages and is now read in schools throughout the world. The book was adapted to the screen in 1998 as 'The Mighty', starring Sharon Stone, Gillian Anderson, James Gandolfini, Kieran Culkin, and Elden Henson.

Philbrick, a screenwriter as well as a novelist, is the author of a number of novels for young readers, including 'The Fire Pony', 'Max the Mighty', 'REM World', 'The Last Book In The Universe', 'The Journal of Douglas Allen Deeds' and 'The Young Man And The Sea'. His recent novels for adults include 'Dark Matter', 'Coffins', and 'Taken'.

He and his wife divide their time between Maine and the Florida Keys.

awards:

Judy Lopez Honor Book

ALA Best Books for Young Adults

ALA Recommended Books for Reluctant Readers

California Young Readers Medal Winner

Arizona Young Readers Medal Winner

Maryland Middle School Book Award

Nebraska Golden Sower Award

New York 'Charlotte's Web' Award.

Wyoming 'Soaring Eagle Book Award'

his other names- WR Philbrick, William R. Dantz, Chris Jordan

When people asked Rodman Philbrick what he wanted to be when he grew up, like any kid growing up in the sixties he told them he wanted to be an astronaut, ...

Trivia

Disney rejected his movie ideas for The Mighty.

He got the idea for Freak the Mighty while driving his car.

He got the idea of REM World from books he read as a child.

He is working on a new book called Lobster Boy.

He started writing adult novels, but then wrote children's novels after trying to write one.

When his first children's novel was published his parents called him and he had to help his parents fix there septic system in the middle of the Winter.

Rodman Philbrick

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): 20 facts rodman philbrick: https://biturl.im/vMlRh