im putting a c4 trans behind mi 81 tbird 302 what flywheel do i need mine is to big?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You mean flexplate.

    You'll most likely need a 164 tooth flex place with a 50oz imbalance is what all the sources are pointing to.

    That wouldn't rule out the 157 tooth but you really should try the 164 first.

    You can put it on and put the starter in without the transmission and see if the starter gear fits.

  • Paul M
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    Why not use an AOD, it will give you better mileage and should bolt right up to that 302.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.