Ear wax and water trapped in ear?

I am pretty sure I have water in my ear, and it won't come out. I went swimming yesterday and got water in my ears, but when I tried to get it out later that day, it wouldn't come out. I think it is because I have earwax build up inside my ear, because of using Q-Tips too often, and now the water got in and... show more I am pretty sure I have water in my ear, and it won't come out. I went swimming yesterday and got water in my ears, but when I tried to get it out later that day, it wouldn't come out. I think it is because I have earwax build up inside my ear, because of using Q-Tips too often, and now the water got in and won't come out because of the ear wax build up. Does this seem correct? Also, my dad called the doctor and he prescribed some ear drops for an ear infection, even though my ears don't hurt or itch or anything. Now I'm worried that I'm using the wrong medication for the wrong symptoms. Are there any suggestions as to what's going on with my ear? Anything that can help? Thanks!
17 answers 17