Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What's the worst new movie you have seen recently?

Either rented, or at the theater.

Favorite Answer

I rented THE EYE. It turned out be sooooooooo corny. I was expecting to be scared and intrigued--I wasn't either in the least. It was a good idea for a movie, but it was executed in a really bad way.

But hey, I'm seeing Kung fu Panda tomorrow! Haha, I'm expecting THAT to be good. Go Jack Black!

i know this is irrelevant to this question, but this is the 5th time I saw someone say the editing of "The Happening" was bad because of booms being in the shot.

I just HAVE to point out, that checking to make sure a boom isn't in the shot IS NOT the editor's job. The editor constructs the films and provides the pace and rhythm. The camera assistants would have been there to check the frame line and make sure the boom wasn't in it.

The most reasonable explanation would have been that the intended frame size of the director is not being projected in the theater.

sorry, thank you for letting me say my peace.

And I recently saw 'Stop Loss' which I found very disappointing considering that director's credits.

"The Happening". Ugh. I'm a big fan of M. Night. Shyamalan but this was just...bad. It had a few good parts that kept you on the edge of your seat.

I think it was made to send a message to the general public and that's it.

The acting was horrible and whoever edited it should be ashamed. The boom (microphone) was seen in quite a few scenes, too. I know this happens - it's all part of Hollywood and movies. But this was ridiculous.

Overall, I was very disappointed.

• V.O.R.

Transformers

Atrocious acting, horrible screenplay, bad directing, etc. I was waiting and waiting for this film to somehow transform itself into a good film but that never happened.

When the Transformers were tip-toeing around in the backyard, to try and stay quiet, I knew I had had enough.

I Know Who Killed Me And That Movie Bug ( But Its A Lil Old ) I Like The Strip Scenes In I Know Who Killed Me though lol

Prince Caspian

The strangers.

The best movie I've seen recently was Iron Man

iron man. terrible cliche superhero movie that provided absolutely nothing new. action wasnt that exciting, characters were completely standard, no psychological conflict. honestly, critics calling this a smart movie must have been high. hell, speed racer was better than this, at least it was original and inventive and not completely linear.

I Know Who Killed Me.

So pointless.