Are there any definite details out about the THOR movie?

Date? Writer? Director? Anything?

Marvel's website doesn't say anything except that it exists. I keep getting conflicting information around the web. The IMDB page is just a mess. It lists Matthew Vaughn as the director, but I've heard multiple places that he dropped out of the project.

The synopsis on IMDB also mentions Donald Blake, even though I've heard elsewhere that that character WILL NOT be in the movie.

Wizard magazine also said something about the blond guy who plays Chase on "House" playing Thor, but I can't seem to find anywhere that confirms or denies that.

Is everyone as confused as I am, or is there more information out there?

Thanks for being the first to answer, but I've read that synopsis form the Marvel site. It seems to be out of date. I've heard from several reliable sources that Vaughn is no longer attached to the project.

See how confusing this is?

Favorite Answer

As of May 5, Matthew Vaughn is still set to direct. From Variety:

Also for that year, Marvel plans to bow "Thor" on June 4, based on the Norse god who wields a giant hammer. Matthew Vaughn is set to helm.

Entire article: http://www.variety.com/VR1117985101.html?query=tho...

• Adam C

Red-hot director Matthew Vaughn ("Stardust," "Layer Cake") has been tapped to bring the God of Thunder to the silver screen!

The son of Odin, most powerful of the Norse Gods, Thor has been an emissary to humanity, a protector of both Asgard and Earth and inspiration for humans and gods alike. Prepare for his coming

out in 2010