My a/c can not hold the temp set on therm. Can an a/c keep a 76 deg when outside temp is over 95 deg?

I have had my a/c looked at and they supposedly fixed a problem but it was from the warranty company. it is a new home but the a/c does not seem to keep the house cool. I have the therm. set at 76 deg and it has been about +95 deg outside and it will heat up to 82deg inside even though the a/c is running. What... show more I have had my a/c looked at and they supposedly fixed a problem but it was from the warranty company. it is a new home but the a/c does not seem to keep the house cool. I have the therm. set at 76 deg and it has been about +95 deg outside and it will heat up to 82deg inside even though the a/c is running. What can an a/c keep a temp at even though it is over 95 deg outside? is this normal or should I have someone else look at it? Also the air coming out of the vents do not seem to be cold.