Why is it so hard to find a Graphic/Web design job?

I thought that these were high demand jobs. I went to school for this and have an online digital portfolio.

I can't even count how many job listings I responded to and hear nothing, I can't even get an interview.

It seems like every place wants all this experience but how do you get your foot in the door?

Help someone please!!!

Favorite Answer

The market is saturated with web and graphic designers making it a tough and competitive industry. Find a niche to carve out for yourself and do as much freelance work as you can, continuously building upon your portfolio and experience while always networking and establishing relationships with everyone you encounter. You'd be surprised at how many jobs are given to someone because of a personal relationship/referral. Never burn bridges, always do your work on time and exceed expectations and you will find more jobs coming your way than you can handle.

• mike

Like the term "market is saturated". Many people say there is too many graphic/web designer, but the truth is there are few good ones and this goes for all job sectors that are being cut, the hardest thing is finding a entry level job (long topic to explain many factors). I had someone that needed a job in order to fulfill his school requirements, it took a long time for even a networked school to find one. Trust me I am in the same situation as you and a lot who don't want to admit it yet. Some people are good, others are great, and the many bad who usually are the ones that ruin the market and over saturate it and it shows with just about all marketplaces today. A lot of people don't hire web designer/graphic designers based on past experiences and simply don't trust many in the industry. Keep at it and post your digital portfolio here I would like to take a look at it!. Success doesn't happen overnight.

2

Source(s): Online Surveys For Money : http://OnlineSurveys.iukiy.com/?hDlF

Now days Graphic Design has become a very common career. Some people have never gone to school for Graphic Design, but manage to learn all the programs needed.

This makes getting a job for a real Graphic Designer more difficult. Now days, one does not really need a degree to be a Graphic Designer.

As long as you have an incredible portfolio and know all the programs, you are in. Also, the people who never went to school for Graphic Design charge much less than someone who has gone through proper schooling.

Graphic Design has become over populated with people. This is why I no longer do it and would rather freelance while having a stable job.

heh - I think you fell for college propoganda.

Every year, tens of thousands of kids try to become graphic designers or web designers and pay tens of thousands of dollars in college studying to become one.

Guess what? There's no few jobs in that industry that it's unlikely that you will ever find such a position. You were lied to.

But don't lose hope. You're not useless, after all. You are an educated person and there are ways you may be able to contribute to this sort of thing.

Looking at digital media, most publishers design their sites based on logic as dictated by Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Everything from directory structure to img src is based on SEO principles. No, no one is going to pay you to mess around in Photoshop all day. But, you will be able to contribute to the layout of a site.

Fill Surveys Get Paid : http://OnlineSurveys.uzaev.com/?pFre

Lots of great answers already for this

you will need to call THEIR employment office to have that question answered

there is too much ppl wanting too do it lots of ppl well not have jobs soon