Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 decade ago

mechanical or environmental engineering?

hii i am interested in being an auto engineer and specially in the alternative resources which will replace the fuel of vehicles. I ,of course, want to work at car companies such as toyota...Should I major in mechanical engineering and will i still be able to do the alternative energy stuff? I just feel like its more close to environmental or chemical engineering.. which kind of engineering should i bet my life for?

Favorite Answer

Your best bet would be mechanical engineering.

Environmental engineering is an offshoot of Civil engineering. You would look at the environmental impact of building a dam or the enviornmental impact of a factory's outflow. No so much about alternative fuels.

Car companies love to hire mechanical engineers. Environmental not so much. -- but also remember that you still come out of school with an engineering degree - there are many different options in pretty much any field with a degree like that!

Source(s): I'm an engineering student.

confident. Many structures that handle power and/or water treatment are designed by utilising mechanical engineers, super scale civil structures are many times designed by utilising civil engineers, yet smaller scale piping structures used for demineralization, softening, internet site remediation skids, etc., use mechanical engineering. so a approaches as biomedical fields are in contact, I had a colleague with a mechanical engineering degree that went to artwork at a scientific college doing examine into blood pass. They have been utilising fluid mechanics to type the circulatory equipment and mandatory a mechanical engineer for that. I even have additionally seen MEs utilized in designing prosthetic contraptions for individuals lacking limbs. i'm not asserting those positions are person-friendly or person-friendly to get, yet there are possibilities in case you like to pursue them.

It takes all kinds of engineers to design a car - mechanical, electrical, chemical, manufacturing, etc.

Just go with whatever field you feel most attracted to. You'll get the opportunity to work on cars.