Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
i need to know where i can find an alaskan malamute in oklahoma city. if anyone can help me please.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Hi there. Although I am in the UK I would first try some of your Alaskan Malamute club websites. I E.
http://www.alaskanmalamute.org/wiki/default.aspx They will be able to help you and point you into the right direction for your state.
If you are new to our wonderful breed one piece of warning. This is a most wonderful breed (in know I got 3) but they require lots of commitment in daily training and exercise. Mine get 3 hours a day!! rain or shine. And you will have to beef up on dog behaviour, they are a very dominant breed. But for the right person they are wonderful.
P.S. if you go to a breeder Never Ever A Puppyfarmer!!!
Ask questions like
1. How old is the dam? (She must be at least 24 months old!!)
2. How old is the sire (must be at least 18 months old)
3. a dam (computer doesn't take the word *****)must not be mated more then 3x in her life and never ever on consecutive seasons.
4. Both sire and dam MUST be hip scored (hip xray) with current documentation that you want to see
5. both sire and dam must have current CLEAR eye test (not older than 12 months)
6. of course both must be American kennel club registered.
7. Alaskan Malamutes NEVER ever habe 1 or 2 blue eyes. Ifthey tell you it is a pure bred with blue eyes, walk away. This is not a pure bred, Mallies don't have blue eyes.
8. You want life long support from your breeder and a good breeder will offer you this, incl. taken the animal back if your life circumstance should change and you are unable to longer provide or look after the animal.
9. You want to see mum and pups together. How do they live, do they look filthy ect.
10) don't buy a sickly pup because the breeder tells you it will get better and will be alright.
There is lots more, do your homework. Find a breeder you can visit and see how the life with the animals. All mine for example life with me in the house but can go out side if they choose to.
Last but not least. If I have over stepped my mark here by writing an essay , I do appologize. I simply love this breed and seen many people go for it for all the wrong reasons.
- 5 years ago
A look after puppy is the influence of an excessively targeted sort of coaching, and that is now not in which you desire to move. If you are watching for a protecting breed, that is yet another difficulty. Many differnt breeds will also be protecting, however I do not suppose Malamutes are above all that style. They have been built as draft animals, now not as protectors of individual and estate.
- Loki WolfchildLv 71 decade ago
Please stay away from all-breed puppy websites like puppyfind.com -- they are a haven for puppy mills and crappy breeders.
Alaskan Malamute Club of America Breeders in OK:
If you would consider rescuing an adult, DO check out petfinder.com (rescue site, not a sales site) -- here's a link to OK Mal Rescue's listings:
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Try these places. :0)
Adoption fees are not expensive
Also keep in mind that there are services set up for transporting dogs and puppies that are up for adoption to people that are in different states for a reasonable fee.
- 1 decade ago
Well there are two places i know of that are PERFECT match makers thro out all of the USA!- Petfinder.com
I have been at both websites
HOPE THIS WILL HELP YUSource(s): petfinder.com puppyfind.com