why am I getting a text message on my phone from an Adrick Nealel?

it seems like it was a solicitation from a breathmanter.net

how would I get a solicitated text message? do I have to

sign up for something to get these?

Favorite Answer

If you live in the UK you can sign up to TPS (Telephone Preference Service).

The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is the central opt out register on which you can record your preference not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls to your home or mobile* telephone numbers. It is a legal requirement that all organisations (including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties) do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS unless they have your consent to do so.

Also MPS (Mail Preference Service), for letters.

they get these by two ways frist way look online for any websites with your cell number in it like face book or msn or even hotmail. 2 You might have joined something like txt joke or something else like free to a short code (small group of numbers). Usally when they something like that there is like everyone says small print so small you have to pause the time for the 1 secong they show it get reall close to the tv and second guess everything you read. I am not to sure what the excat fix in you can talk to your service provider and see if there is anything you signed up for and black list it or you can send a txt message back and type the words stop in the body and only the words stop. Other than that I hope this helps

Source(s): Knowledge as a cell phone provider activations and cx care rep

Some less-than-reputable companies "crawl" the web looking for emails and phone numbers that you've filled out on websites. This is shady behavior and that's how they can get your number.