Possibility of transforming a mountain bike into a road bike?

I have a Cannondale M700 mountain bike that is probably 10-12 years old. I have not been on it in a number of years and now I would like to transform it into a road bike if possible. It does not have any suspension of any kind. It has Shimano Deore LX cantilever brakes and a Shimano Deore XT shifting... show more I have a Cannondale M700 mountain bike that is probably 10-12 years old. I have not been on it in a number of years and now I would like to transform it into a road bike if possible.

It does not have any suspension of any kind. It has Shimano Deore LX cantilever brakes and a Shimano Deore XT shifting mechanism.

It's still in great shape, and I love how light it is, so I would hate to get rid of it.

Is it possible and would it be cost feasible to do this transformation? Any help would be great.

Thank you.