Rach
Lv 4

What does "mechanically separated chicken" mean?

It sounds gross.. what does it mean?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

It means that the company is relying on robots to tell the difference between the actual meat of the chicken, and its head/@sshole/guts/etc. Luck of the draw if you ask me. GROSS!

• sage
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It means the chicken was put through a machine, that deboned it and supposedly got out the other inedibles like cartilage. Chicken nuggets are made from mechanically separated chicken. It's pretty gross really.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This. "MECHANICALLY SEPARATED POULTRY is a paste-like and batter-like poultry product produced by forcing bones with attached edible tissue through a sieve or similar device under high pressure to separate bone from the edible tissue. Mechanically separated poultry has been used in poultry products since 1969. In 1995, a final rule on mechanically separated poultry said it would be used without restrictions. However, it must be labeled as "mechanically separated chicken or turkey" in the ingredients statement. The final rule became effective November 4, 1996." Argh, now I need to go check and see how much of my food is poultry batter/paste :(

• 1 decade ago

ewww, I know, I've read that one a lot of packages. It means that a machine had to seperate the parts of chicken out, and not by hand. Gross!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It means a machine separates the chicken.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

mechanically seperated chicken is a paste-like meat product produced by forcing chicken bones, with attached edible meat, under high pressure through a sieve or similar device to separate the bone from the edible meat tissue.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

egh

the meat is ran through a machine to do all the processing and separated into strips or nuggets or whatever. it grosses me out, i never eat chicken.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Uh.

A chicken that was separated by a mechanic?

Is this a novelty?

• it means the chicken got ripped apart by a machine.

simple

• 1 decade ago

Machines seperate the chicken parts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.