Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 1 decade ago

How many jumps on a trampoline does it take to lose one pound?

Okay, how many jumps on a trampoline does it take to lose one pound.

Not how many minutes on a trampoline, how many JUMPS on a trampoline.

jussss wondering

:)

Favorite Answer

76,332

Assuming:

The modulus of elasticity of the trampoline to be 1750

The diameter of the Trampoline to be 1.2m

Your height to be 5 feet 10 inches

Your weight to be 11 stone

That you are wearing socks

That you are not eating whilst jumping

Jumping on a trampoline is great exercise! You are probably pushing yourself a little hard with the diet. You should include a more well-balanced diet. ( 3-5 servings of fruits/vegetables, 2 dairy servings, ect..) If you are going to be working out for an hour + a day its a good idea to eat protein (to help rebuild muscle). I would keep your diet something you can stick to as apposed to something so strict. After a while you may get bored with what you are eating and it may cause you to binge and then some of your hard work may be lost. I would suggest eating based on calories (women should consume around 1,300-1,500 more if you are a child, and men should consume 1,800-2000) Also you shouldn't lose more than an average of 2lbs a week. Anything faster can cause rebound weight gain (which means you will gain the weight back and probably more).

if all you did was jump on it to loose one pound it could take a few days, you burn a of calories but to actually see some weight lose it'll take forever, figure out how many callories you need to burn to loose 1 pound and then i'd say you'd loose about 15 callories per jump and go from there.

I would guess anywhere from 1500 to 2000 but it depends on how you jump, more rapidly like higher and faster it would be less but if its slow and low jumping maybe more

Haha that is a good question. I guess it would depend on the type of jumping your doing....if its slow jumping it might take more.

I like that one. Would be a good way to lose pounds. But sorry I don't know the answer.

Way over 1000.

Around 50. Because you are excercising as you jump.

First figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie-Pop, and there lies your answer!

I would say over 1000