I refuse to Take Biology?

I am a born again Christian™ and I love Jesus™ with all my heart Im taking Biology next year and I refuse to take it!!

Its evil and its Brainwashing Americas children into Atheism™

Everyone knows we came from Adam and Eve™ not Monkeys how absurd of thoes liberals to make me learn Biology but not Creationism™

What can I do?

Its in the Curriculum I have to take Biology thoes Atheists™ really want to brainwash me :(

sheesh people its a friggin Satire -_-

• Best Answer

Yes,us atheists are immoral heathens™with only one true intention,and that is to eat your babby™.

You can refuse to learn scientific facts all you want, all that does is increase *your ignorance*.

No, everyone does NOT "know" that we came from two mythical people. The *evidence* shows that we did evolve from earlier life, and that that chain of life goes back billions of years. Smart people go where the evidence leads.

If you are so ignorant as to believe that humans came from monkeys (We didn't, we and apes share some common ancestors, but modern monkeys were a separate evolutionary route from then), then that just shows that you are in serious need of an education about basic biological facts.

BTW, a judge appointed by GW Bush had this to say in his decision in the Kitzmiller V Dover case:

"After a searching review of the record and applicable caselaw, we find that while ID arguments may be true, a proposition on which the Court takes no position, ID is not science. We find that ID fails on three different levels, any one of which is sufficient to preclude a determination that ID is science. They are: (1) ID violates the centuries-old ground rules of science by invoking and permitting supernatural causation; (2) the argument of irreducible complexity, central to ID, employs the same flawed and illogical contrived dualism that doomed creation science in the 1980's; and (3) ID's negative attacks on evolution have been refuted by the scientific community." (page 64)

Write a letter to your teacher and if you could get a signature and phone number from your mum all the better - saying that you are philosophicallically opposed to the killing and cruelty of animals and that is why you are a vegan/vegetarian and that you are formally requesting a written word assignment in its place. I wrote this letter out years ago and I was given an assignment to do in the library - it is not necessary to disect small animals there are plant of dvds etc avilable to tell you about the functions of the body etc good luck. There are some great point in this letter from Peta Dear Editor: Animal dissection, which was first used in classrooms in the early part of the last century, is still being used in some [Name of School] classes. In recent years, dissection has been increasingly scrutinized. Experts have reevaluated the educational worth and morality of cutting up animals just to “see how they work.” Compassionate students want to study biology without dissecting animals. Sophisticated computer simulations, videodiscs, and models have been developed to meet the needs of these students. All the studies of this issue show that students who use alternatives perform as well or better than students who use dissection. Biology is the study of life and should teach respect for life, not devalue it by treating living beings as disposable objects. By using humane teaching methods, instructors can teach science and ethics simultaneously.

You can be a Christian and LEARN other things. I am a Christian and I also believe in evolution. I believe God played a large part in it as well. The problem is when people such as yourself take the Bible so literal. Then first testament uses a lot of symbolism to teach a lesson.

Choose not to be ignorant and take the class.

It is a shame that the theory of evolution is taught but none of the other faiths. Why do I say this? Because Macro evolution has never been proven. so it is a faith. micro evolution within a species has been going on since life began. But from one species to another has never been proven. Therefore, macro evolution takes faith to believe. Like any other faith.

I on the other hand took biology and earth science and chemistry. Why because I believe there s much to learn from science. In fact there are a growing number of scientists that are taking another look at the biblical origins.

My friend if you are strong in your faith as I have been, what they teach will only edify you and allow you to understand the folly of men. And if you pay real close attention in class and study your bible you will see the correlation.

Remember Jesus asks that we be meek and humble in the face of adversity. And he will comfort us.

Even in Psalms 23 it says: Though preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies. And he anoints me with oil.

Be strong and he will continue to edify and bless you.

First, the (TM) with Jesus is precious--I'm sure Jesus is happy that his name is trademarked and used by cooperations.

Second, there is nothing about biology that refutes christianity. The Pope himself supports the idea of evolution. In addition, there are countless figures in science that are religious. For example, Mendel was a monk. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel

Third, your theology is not supported by major religions (e.g., Catholicism). Scripture is fast approaching interpretation instead of literalism.

Don't remain under the rock. Take biology and learn about how your body works.

I'd advise that you take biology anyway. I'm a Christian, and several of my Christian colleagues hold Ph.D. degrees in various science-related fields. Some went into biology, some into physics, and others into astronomy, but there are plenty of theists out there with science degrees. I know some clergy members who have earned doctorates in physics, medicine, and other areas. My confirmation classes at church were taught by a retired physicist.

People thinking like you and refusing to learn about new things is what we have religions and problems. If the facts are there and you can see them with your own eyes then maybe it's time to forget the myths and move up to 2008. Reading from only one book makes a fool.

Since Biology is required, why not take the course willingly so that you can learn to effectively debate about the topic. If you are well versed in the bible, having a complete understanding of a topic that you are fervently opposed to seems to be logical. I guess you will not aspire to be a physicians?

hahahaha

i can see being stubborn. but you dont even want to learn the other side of the argument. the best way to bolster your belief is the know the other sides belief.

that way you wont make idiotic claims that evolution says we came monkeys, because it does not.

so in short, suck it up and take biology. it can do you no harm.

• divina

Sounds like a phony question.

I guess we christians don't sound weird enough for you?

If you are sincere, which I doubt, read "Darwin's Black Box,"

and take your biology class anyway.

The monkey business claims a common ancestor between monkeys and humans, which resembled a lemur.

Maybe you're a Lemurian.