* 4 large eggs
* 1/2 cup onion - chopped
* 1/4 cup red bell peppers - chopped
* 1/4 cup green bell peppers - chopped
* 1/2 cup cooked ham - diced
* 8 slices cooked bacon - drained and crumbled
* 2 Tablespoons butter
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* a couple drops drops of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
Melt butter in a large skillet or on a griddle.
Saute onion, bell pepper, ham and bacon in the butter until the onion starts to become opaque.
In a small bowl, whip the eggs lightly. Add salt and pepper and hot sauce if desired.
Slowly, stir the eggs into mixture in skillet. Lightly brown on one side. Turn over and lightly brown other side.
you can also add a slice of American cheese
4 eggs, separated
1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
1 can (1 1/4 c.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 lb. asparagus, cooked and drained (fresh or frozen, or 1 No. 2 can)
Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored; add 1/4 cup of the milk and seasonings. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold in egg yolk mixture. Pour into a hot greased 9 inch skillet; cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until omelet is browned on the bottom. Place in a moderate oven (350 degrees) about 10 to 15 minutes, or until top springs back when pressed with finger. Meanwhile, combine soup and remaining 1/4 cup milk; heat over low heat. Remove omelet from pan and place cooked hot asparagus on half of it. Fold other half over hot asparagus. Pour chicken sauce over it all
Stir 1/4 cup finely minced cooked ham, 2 tablespoons chopped onion and 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper into egg mixture before pouring into skillet.
"Egg Roll-Ups" - 6 (12")
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
oil for frying
Whip together the eggs and water; then stir in the cheese, parsley, and salt. For each omelet, pour a thin layer of batter into a preheated, lightly oiled pan and cook over medium heat until the top is firm. Loosen, roll up, and serve
Shrimp Omelet with cream
* 5 oz. cooked, shelled shrimp
* 6 large eggs
* 1 Tablespoon crème fraîche
* 1 Tablespoon cream
* 1/2 - 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
* 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
* White pepper
1. Mix the shrimp with the crème fraîche, white pepper to taste and the tarragon.
2. Beat the eggs lightly with the heavy cream. Heat the butter in an 8-inch frying pan until it starts to foam. Pour in the eggs.
3. As soon as the under part of the omelette starts to set, spread the shrimp mixture over the omelette. Lower the heat slightly and cook until the omelette is set all over but still moist.
4. Fold the edges over towards the center and slide onto a heated serving platter.
5. Serve at once.
* 3 eggs
* 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
* 3 tablespoons hot water
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Beat eggs slightly, and add remaining ingredients.
2. Put one and one-half tablespoons butter in a hot omelet pan, turn in mixture and cook same as French Omelet.
3. Fold, turn on a hot platter, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and score with a hot poker.
"Peasant Omelet" made with bacon and potatoes
Pronounced: om let / pay sahn
* 4-5 eggs, beaten
* 1 Tablespoons butter
* 1/4 pound bacon, diced
* 2 small potatoes, diced
* 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Sauté bacon until it just starts to brown.
2. Add the potatoes and continue cooking until the potatoes are brown and crisp. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Add the pepper and parsley to the eggs and mix together.
4. Add the potatoes and bacon to the egg mixture.
5. Melt the butter in a 9-inch skillet and add the eggs. Stir with the back of a fork and cook until the eggs are well browned on the bottom and almost firm on top.
6. Put a heatproof plate on top of the skillet and turn omelette onto plate. Slide omelet back into skillet to brown the other side of the omelette.
Serve hot or cold, cut in half or into wedges. Serve it with a salad for a light lunch or supper.