Is an abortion based sexual fetish immoral?

One of my friends is sexually submissive and recently she encountered a man online who is to be her sexual dominant. The two of them have come to the conclusion that they are soulmates and one of the ideas that they particularly agree on is that he should be able to impregnate her and then abort the baby. He is a doctor so he would do it himself. My question is, she says that because abortion is legal... this isnt immoral. But I feel that it is premeditated murder. I mean, I am pro-choice: accidents, rape - there are lots of reasons to abort. But she is PLANNING to get pregnant for the sole reason to kill the child. And not just once... they want to do this thing over and over again. He says, "I will let you keep the baby just long enough to let you get attached to it and then I will take it from you." UGH. Am I the only one that thinks this is INSANE?! I mean, sure abortion is legal.. but premeditated PLANNED abortion?!? How in the world can I express to her how wrong this is? Help!!

Yes, this question is serious. We have been friends forever and I have no idea how to get it into her head that this man and his desires are sick and twisted. Its NOT just a fetus. Or... so what if it is... Its still killing a living thing for sexual purposes. Even if you killed an animal to get off, its still disgusting. Why isnt this illegal? Coz it just hasnt come up?? Is she the only fruitcake out there that is doing this stuff?

And another thing... is it legal for the man to use his medical license to continuously abort his girlfriends pregnancies?

The doctor told my friend that he planned on doing the procedures after hours because then he will have access to the necessary equipment. Im fairly sure (considering he is a sports medicine doctor) that he doesnt have a license to practice abortions?? Am I right in that?

I have tried to talk to her several times. I have told her that murder, no matter how many cells it has, for sexual pleasure is wrong. I mean, this isnt even a "crime" of passion. They arent in the heat of the moment! They are coldly discussing this and even calculating the time she is ovulating as their next meeting date. Nothing I say seems to make a difference to her and... I dont understand. She has had an abortion recently with another man and she was SO torn up about it. It made her hormonal and she cried, got angry... it was the hugest emotional rollercoaster for her. But she thinks it will be somehow sexy with this man? What do you even begin to say to that? Every arguement I come up with she counters with "Its just a fetus." Is there no rationalizing with her? I am afraid of the future for our friendship because if I cant convince her not to do this... I cant stand by and watch her do it repeatedly and I will have to try and stop them. I mean, Im morally obligated to tell?

Favorite Answer

I think it is rather sick, myself. But legal and moral are two different subjects. I am pro choice also, but I would never suggest this choice.

Is she a space cadet? She is contemplating this procedure from an on line dating service? Does she really think those people are honest? My concerns are in two places.

1) I suspect this "doctor" is either not a real doctor, or not licensed for these procedures. I would expect him to prove his credentials. And then verify them.

2) This after hours operation rings of high liability. Is it his facility to do with as he pleases? Is there even a facility.

3) Who's covering the medical expenses. Anesthesia, supplies, overhead, insurance?

4) What about complications. What if something goes wrong? Who's going to be there to save the day?

5) What about the wear and tear on her body? How much can it stand? Doesn't sound healthy for her. Does sound risky. Numerous potentials for infection, and internal bleeding.

6) I think she is setting herself up for an abusive relationship, not just submissive.

I think your work is cut out for you. Good luck bringing her back to reality. I hope you don't have to plan her funeral.

Abortion Fetish

• Rosco

I'm pro choice and that sounds insane to me. Infact I would say its pretty disgusting. The law to make abortion legal was never intended for that and no matter how legal it is, by my standards, it is immoral!

Actually the more I think about that, the more it makes me mad!

I am pro choice for the fact that I understand that embryos dont have a conciousness, they are just some cells, i'm pro choice because I know people make mistakes, I''m pro choice because accidents happen and I'm pro choice because if somebody wants to get an abortion they would do it whether its legal or not so I would rather they were in the best care.

At the same time, I do understand that any embryo has the potential to be a person and I do feel that abortion should be a last resort as its a waste of a life. I couldn't actually be friends with somebody who would do something like that.

• Judith

I don't want to get too dragged into this argument. But I'd like to point out that you're assuming morals are absolute, or that they actually exist beyond individual people which is unture. And so we begin. Let's keep it civil. The pro-choice argument isn't about where "life begins". And neither is the "pro-life" argument, but I won't get into that. Think about the term "pro-choice". Choice. It's the woman's body, thus it is her right to make choices that affect her body. For some reasons some folks think that once she gets pregnant, her rights are suspended. (So it's all about ownership of the womb, right?) I have a problem with is men commenting on a procedure that could never happen to them. Ever, unless they got a uterus transplant (in which case they wouldn't be looking for an abortion by any means). As a man, you will never find yourself with an unwanted pregnancy. How can you understand the very real situation of a woman when all you have is a hypothetical situation? For some reason a hollow cell mass has more right to my body than I do. To sit there and give me pain and suck my nutrients. No thank you. Nevermind that breeding in this day and age is selfish and irresponsible. A hollow cell mass is not the equivalent of a "human life". And interesting that people who are against abortion are for the war, the death penalty, and so on. What happened to pro life? All the "life" stuff is rhetoric and hipocrisy. The question here is, do you trust women? Do you trust women to make their own reproductive choices? This has always been, and always will be about ownership over women's bodies. And it can't be denied that it's a woman's issue. 100%. I love how an MP here in canada said "old white men need to stay out of women's affairs". So here, again, you're assuming that right and wrong exist. Not true. Anything accepted by 66% or more of the population is consitered right. What we need to remember is to allow people autonomy in their personal lives. You can go cheat on your girlfriend, that's your decision. It's better you do so, so your girlfriend wouldn't have to put up with someone who would becuase the fact would be out in the open. Honestly, stop assuming that right and wrong exist. They don't.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

One of my friends is sexually submissive and recently she encountered a man online who is to be her sexual dominant. The two of them have come to the conclusion that they are soulmates and one of the ideas that they particularly agree on is that he should be able to impregnate her and then abort...

Source(s): abortion based sexual fetish immoral: https://biturl.im/brU5Y

Something can be legal and yet immoral. Slavery used to be legal, but it was always immoral.

What you describe is immoral, but it is not illegal.

Frankly, if she is actually considering both getting pregnant with this particular man's child and getting emotionally "attached" to a child that she does not intend to keep, then she is too crazy for any logical argument from you to work.

• Tammy

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/2NmOb

1) The basis of the pro choice movement is that it is moral to abort and therefore it is legal to abort. On the other hand it is immoral to be pro life and yet it is still legal. I think you should count your blessings that society allows you to be pro life without putting you in jail. 2) You cannot compare the lowering or raising of the minimum wage without also discussing the raising or lowering of the price of food due to increases or decreases in the minimum wage. Raising wages causes prices to raise. Your selfish answer is to give you more money and screw the poor. 3) There is no killing of human life in abortion. There is no human life in a fetus, if you belive otherwise, talk to your fetus, if it answers, I will concede your point. Otherwise, it is simply your fantasy. If you wish to avoid abortion and make a fool out of yourself, that is fine with me. But don't expect me to believe in your fantasy and live my life by what you simply believe and cannot prove. Your falsehoods lead to the death of millions of people already walking and talking on this earth. Millions die evey year in undeveloped nations due to the actions of people like you. If you cared anything about life, you would spend your resources and time helping those already born, including the 2 million babies that die after birth each year. Your field of vision is limited by your low IQ and lack of respect for those who are already alive. ----finally---- You speak of your morals--- you have no morals. If you love your girlfriend, you will tell her of the millions of dying children that are already born. You will tell her of the importance of raising children that are loved and wanted. And you will advise her that God gave her a brain to determine whether or not to give birth to a child. Science should be about saving the most children, not about picking and choosing based on an unfounded and illogical concept such as the pro life movement. You are no better than a con man.

It is immoral. Just because it's legal doesn't mean that it can't be misused. Does she realize the psychological HELL she's about to go through? Many women who abort children for legitimate reasons go through deep depressions afterwards. I can't imagine the torture that will happen when she realizes fully what she's done.

Your friend and this doctor are both twisted if they are able to get any pleasure out of this. If I were you, I would report him to the state medical board, so they can investigate whether he has the mental faculties to hold a license to practice medicine. I would not want this man to be my doctor. Is he planning to keep records of these procedures in his patient files? He could be violating any number of regulations if he plans to conceal multiple abortions on his own girlfriend.

All abortion is immoral but to allow it in cases of rape and incest is just compassionate, given the society we live in, and it should be allowed to protect the life of the mother, in case bearing the child would for some reason cause her physical harm as well.