Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Diet tips?

Does anyone have any good excercise tips and/or routines along with good eating schedules, diets, and/or tips on eating and excercising?

My weight goes to my stomach and I have a little weight there now and I have 2 1/2 months before school starts again. I'd like to lose a few lbs before it starts (I'm going to 7th grade). I have quick metablism.

Also any good foods?

Favorite Answer

I highly recommend losing the weight slowly and correctly. I guarantee the faster you lose it, the faster it will come right back. The last thing you want to do is crash diet and really mess up your metabolism. Remember, it didn't take you 3 months to put on all the extra weight, so it definitely will not take only three months to lose it. The safest total weight loss per week is 1 pound. There is 3,500 calories in a pound of body fat, so in order to lose 1 pound, you simply need to create a 500 calorie deficit per day. Over the course of a week, this equals out to 3,500 calories or 1 pound.

The best way to hit this 500 number every day is to create a 250 calorie deficit through your diet and another 250 calorie deficit through cardio exercise. Remember, you want to fuel your body with high nutrient foods and keep your metabolism "stoked" throughout the day. The worst thing you can do is limit your food intake to severely which will cause your body to go into starvation mode and hold onto your body fat reserves. Your body is thinking its getting ready for a period of famine and will hold onto all the energy it can to survive this period. I recommend eating at least 1,500 calories per day and make sure you're eating "clean" and nutritious food. You want to make sure to eliminate all the excess and empty calories from your daily intake. The best way to do this is to write down everything you eat.

I would focus on lean protein sources (chicken breast, turkey breast, egg whites) and non-white starchy carbs such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta and boiled red potatoes.

Cardio training is any exercise that elevates your heart rate to a range between 60 to 85 percent of your maximum rate (fastest your heart could possibly beat). Cardio training has numerous health benefits. In addition to burning calories and losing body fat, it strengthens your heart and lungs.

Most experts agree that cardiovascular training should last for 20 to 60 minutes, with the normal range being 30 to 40 minutes per session. Cardio should be performed a minimum of three days per week, with four to five days being optimal. Good examples of cardiovascular exercises :

Aerobics

Elliptical Trainers

Running

Sprinting

Stationary Bike

Tae Bo

Walking

Rope Jumping

Swimming

Sports

The list could go on forever.

Water has always been in the news. Not only is it a natural product, which suppresses appetite, flushes toxins and excess sodium, but is also known to have contributed to an increase in the metabolic rate. The liquids and solids present in soup is also said to have the same properties. Low fat yogurt has been touted to be a rich source of calcium, which helps in weight loss. The bottom line here is that your body has to be taught to burn fat efficiently.

Good Luck!!

Before I reply this the only factor that kills me is humans gaming for factor, You ask a well query than humans simply form in do not devour, do not devour such a lot. Its like do not hassle answering in case your now not going to supply a truly reply. Now that I am performed complaining. I misplaced approximately 75lbs. It took a million yr. I made alot of alterations. I began gradual. The the first thing I did used to be begin to drink extra water. Now I hated water and it used to be rough to do. But I could begin by means of exchanging a cup of soda with water. It took whilst however after a couple of months it used to be all water I relatively obtained a style for it. Along with that I ate relatively smaller quantities and I attempted not to devour or devour so much after 6pm. Than I exercised. It took a whole yr to get that weight off, now its three years latter and my weight stays the equal. You will have to method food plan as a existence difference and some thing that you just will have to do progressively so it relatively lasts. Also whilst food plan I nonetheless at McDonald's and The occasional cheesecake.

• Emily

carry a cooler stocked with three bottles of water a six pack four pb js two oranges a bag of tortilla chips and 12 servings of cool cucumber salsa go to womenshealthmag allrecipes com for the recipe for 22 minutes

Set new goals even you lose 10 pounds

a pedometer can help keep track of your steps if you re not getting 10 000 steps a day you re not moving enough

• Eloise

people who eat breakfast have a better shot at losing and maintaining weight loss

chop fresh vegetables instead of buying frozen ones

stand up each time you talk on the phone

• Tammy

daily excercise is the key