Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Please HELP! Does hair dye wash out or grow out first? 10 points best answer!?

I'm dyeing my hair for the first time and i'm kinda nervous... it's not a big change, just making it a little lighter. but if its horrible...does it wash out eventually? I'm just using the normal L'Oreal Luminesence box dye. Will it wash out before it grows out?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on what type of dye it is. Offhand, sorry, i don't know what the L'Oreal Luminesence box dye is. My guess is permanent. That means it'll probably grow out before it washes out completely. If you got a semi-permanent dye (which you usually get at hairdressers) it will deffinatly wash out before it grows out, but will still last about a month.

Although, if you really hate the color, you can wash your hair with cheapo shampoos ($2 suave) and condition it a lot a lot to make it fade / wash out faster.

• 1 decade ago

well it doesn't actually WASH out but it does fade or change colors, usually lightens up a bit, or a lot depending on the brand of dye or your hair type. Also if you're going to be out in the sun a lot this summer or in swimming pools with chlorine it will fade. Using a shampoo made for color treated hair can help maintain the color longer. As for growing out... nah, if you do decide that you want your natural color back you'll have to wait a long time for it to naturally grow out, and the two tone head of hair...not attractive! You'll be better off dying it a color close to your natural color and maintaining it that way. Once you start dying your hair it is an on going process and can be expensive. But hey don't get me wrong it's a lot of fun too. Every time you do it you feel like a new person. My niece just died hers jet black. and with the tan that she's sporting we are now calling her Pocahontas. (a new person)

It's fun so just do it. WARNING: do not let your friends who have started their cosmetology school work on you. When they say "I'll do it for you" RUN as fast as you can haha. unless you have a good relationship and sense of humor.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to buy a semi, demi or permanent.

If you buy a semi-permanent dye, it will wash out in 6-12 shampoos.

If you buy a demi-permanent dye, it will last longer, about 24-30 shampoos.

If you buy a permanent dye, it cannot be washed out and it has to grow out.

If I were you, I'd buy the semi, see if you like it, if you don't, just be patient for a week or two and it will wash out.

If you do like it, go to the store will your semi permanent box and look for the same color, then buy the demi.

Permanent hair color contains ammonia and peroxide, which can damage hair, if I were you, I'd just stick to the first two.

Good luck mate!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It will fade, but unless you are using semi permanent dye [which im guessing you're not] it will never go back to your natural hair colour unless you grow it out first. Hair grows typically about 1/2 and inch a month so it would take over a year to grow out if it looks bad. It will never completely wash out. But it'll fade, and probably have a green or orange tinge to it, depending on what colour it was.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There are two types of dye, semi permanent and permanent. The semi permanent will wash out after a number of washes and the box usually tells you how many washes. Permanent dye does not wash out. Either dye it again with another color or you'll have to wait for it to grow out unfortunately.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It may fade a little bit after you dye it , but if you are using permanant dye then it will have to grow out, if you want to be able to wash your hair dye out then try using non- permanant or semi- permanant hair colour, it usually washes out in 10-30 washes if not permanant dye

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that 1 will grw out.. give it a couple washes before you decide wether you relle like it or not, some people dye there hair and at the very first moment it is shocking coloured, but the calms down to a more natural look after a few washes..

hope u look fabulous!!

and if you dont like it, just wait a day or so and dye it back

xx

• 1 decade ago

It all depends on what type of dye you are using. If you use a temporary dye then it will wash out faster. If you use a permanent dye then it will grow out. If its your first time I suggest the temporary first.

Source(s): personal experience
  • PK
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Permanent hair color fades, but does not wash out. Even non-permanent hair color never completely washes out. It will have to grow out and if you hate the color and want to go back to natural...this too can prove to be a challenge.

Good luck.

• 4 years ago

The hair is not just a part of your body and it is a symbol of beauty, status and health. It is important for you to take proper care of your health in order to prevent early hair loss. Learn here https://biturl.im/aULwH It is not a very serious problem and with a little bit of caution you will be able to prevent further hair loss. There are certain uncontrollable factors like pregnancy conditions or certain illness or genetic factors that will result in hair loss. But, this does not mean that you cannot do something about your hair loss.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.