promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

McCain's Tax cuts for the rich, god bless America. Do you agree?

We carry America, why should slack people benefit from our hard work.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

With the war going on he know he won't be able to pay for the tax cuts. He's just a hypocrite and a coward.

Barack Obama will give 80+% of American's a bigger tax cut then McCain would. He will only raises taxes on the top 1% of Americans who can easily afford a tax increase. Under Obama, the average cut will equal $1000 - $1290 annually. Under McCain, the average cut will equal $319 annually.

Republicans continue to deny this and ignore it and say Obama's lying. Whose the real maverick of his party? Obama a Democrat who wants to lower taxes for the vast majority of Americans or McCain a Republican who admits global warming is real?

The war will be over under obama. Those billions of dollars that were spent funding that unjust war will come home to the vast majority of Americans who desperately need it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

They are not tax cuts for the rich. The tax cuts do benefit some major corporations, but they also include incentives for small businesses and a tax cut for MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS! If you allow those tax cuts to expire, it will raise taxes on the middle class by thousands. So Obama can almost truthfully say he won't raise taxes because it will automatically happen when those cuts expire. Oh, but then he is so graciously going to give back $1000 of the thousands he cost them.

But he also lowered every OTHER tax bracket (from 15, 28, 31, 36, and 39.6 percent to 10, 15, 25, 28, 33, and 35 percent) and added other of tax credits and breaks for the “poor” such as the child care tax credit, AMT, and earned income tax credit. The following data is taken from the articleBush’s Tax Cuts Are Unfair…:

If you and your spouse have a taxable income of $60,000 a year, you’ve had almost a 24 percent income tax cut since President Bush took office. (And ditto if your income was just $20,000.) Meanwhile, the folks who make $350,000 a year got a cut of only about 12.5 percent; those who make $1 million a year got an even smaller cut. Pre-Bush, the $1 million a year couple paid 33 times as much as the $60,000 couple; today they pay more than 38 times as much.

• 1 decade ago

I see most answers are from the uninformed, ignorant, or people who make over $250,000.00 The McBush administration cut the percentage of taxes that the super rich, like himself pays. Obama's plan would see a $1000.00 cut in those that make up to $125,000. 125-250 thousand dollar income would stay the same, over $250,000 would go back to the same percentage rate, prior to Bush, McSame wants to extend the millionaires tax cut passed by the republicans. Obama wants to do away with the unfairness of the super rich paying a less percentage of taxes. He also wants the senior citizens 65, and older, who make under $50,000, not have to pay any more taxes. As it stands right now, the super rich Secretaries pay a higher percentage of taxes than their boss. Being the top 5% of the country control 90% of the wealth , the 5% are paying trillons of dollars less than the avg. worker. When McSame says that Obama wants to raise millions of Americans taxes, it's a smokescreen truth. 5% of a 320 million population is 16 millon people who will get their taxes significantly raised, to match the % the middle class pays.

• 1 decade ago

Im not Rich but his tax cuts are not just for the Rich. They are for small business owners as well. Bush tax cuts helped me quit my job 5 years ago, start a business and hire 4 people . I believe Rich people with Tax cuts invest into jobs to make them richer which is good for the economy. Poor folk tax cuts = more money spent at Walmart. Means more jobs in China.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Trickle Down economics is an incredible "theory", despite if it does not artwork incredibly. in maximum situations whilst agencies advance into greater rewarding they're greater probable to share the wealth with shareholders than workers. in case you opt to any extent further info, only inspect the final 8 years. Bush has shrink the taxes of the wealthy, however the midsection type is oftentimes doing worse than they have in recent memory.

• 1 decade ago

McCain tax cuts will help lobbyist and other rich people who own big corporations, not hardworking Americans. Instead I like Obama's plan because it will help every Americans, especially those of the middle class who pay higher taxes than the rich.

Changes that American are hungry for , who will bring them?

the first issue is the economy, the unemployment rate is now 5.5 percent. Price of gas and food had gone up and people who do not make a lot money are suffering.

* in one city alone there is more than 600 houses in foreclosure because the government doesn't support the people. Many lobbist in Washington are part of the problem. The lobbist in the the Republican party are in the interest of the elite, people who owns oil companies, pharmaceutical comp. The lobbist do not want to pay a lot tax, so the middle class is suffering because they have to pay more tax than the rich.

3, college is expensive and the loans companies are making money on the students.

4. Healthcare and insurance is a problem, many people can't afford insurance, especially low income familes.

5, the war, it takes 10 billion per month to stay in Iraq.

The politics in Washing ton needs to be fixed and the middle class families needs to get a break from paying Higher taxes than the rich. Senator Obama says that these are the problems that the county face. I believe that with the help of senator Clinton and other democrats, the problems such foreclosure, health insurcance, saftety and the costly war will be resolve. but they have to clean up the mess first. I believe the democrats will bring changes because they are in the interest of the people, not in the insterest of the lobbist or the elite or the oil industries. They can bring changes in many people's life who are now suffering.

as POW he voted against a bill that will give soldiers more benefits in term of finishing their college for free.

Lastly, the republicans also vote against a bill that will reduce the price of gas on the hard working Americans because they make profits on the oil industry. They work for lobbyist mostly.

If you want change I think Obama and Clinton wants to help middle class and hard working Americans.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is the lie Obama is promoting. He says he will only raise taxes on the rich but everybody's taxes will be raised.

• 1 decade ago

Mccain cannot take care of his own finances so why do you think he can handle America's finances??

• 1 decade ago

i see your point loud and clear, but i think tax cuts should help

all working americans and not just the rich.

• 1 decade ago

i agree so much, its not common to hear someone talk like that, and can u belive obama wants to do the oposite and raise taxes. u should check out townhall.com its a conservative site.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.