Who else is sick of "unique" baby names that they are made up and mispelled?

No offense, I understand everyone has the right to name their child as they wish, but I think some of these "unique" names are ridiculous. I hate when people mispell names with the purpose of being unique -- I mean, come on, there's no reason to spell Benjamin as "Bingimyn". Also, I am... show more No offense, I understand everyone has the right to name their child as they wish, but I think some of these "unique" names are ridiculous.

I hate when people mispell names with the purpose of being unique -- I mean, come on, there's no reason to spell Benjamin as "Bingimyn".

Also, I am so tired of names like Neveah and Clorander and Bellaiden and all these other weird names people combine or just completely make up. Yes, I understand all names were "made up" at some point, but that was thousands of years ago, and they have become an institution, but to just completely make up names that aren't even like places or things or ANYTHING, just totally made up, is bizarre. It's not cool to name your kid Anyakate or some other made up stuff like that. Everytime I see that stupid name I pronounce it "Anyuhkarate" in my head!

I'm not saying everyone should be named Jennifer or Thomas, a River or Maxim or Creed is fine and good for diversity, but it I see flippin' Neveah one more time...
Update: Sorry, obviously my question should read, "that are made up and mispelled?" not that THEY are...
Update 2: I just want to add, so you all know, I would never criticize someone I knew if they were naming their kid something weird. I feel it is definitely a person's prerogative to name their kid what they want, after all, you have the right to make your own decisions, good and bad. But here on these boards, since... show more I just want to add, so you all know, I would never criticize someone I knew if they were naming their kid something weird. I feel it is definitely a person's prerogative to name their kid what they want, after all, you have the right to make your own decisions, good and bad. But here on these boards, since it's anonymous (as I'm sure most of you agree) I can express what I really think more easily rather than telling my best friend she's an idiot for naming her kid Neveah or whatever, you know?

It's not like this keeps me awake at night or anything, it's just nice to see that people are equally as bewildered with this crazy naming trend as I am.