Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should I sell my Macbook and Get a DELL 1720 Inspirion?

I like Mac OSX leopard it is fantastic, however I don't like my laptop, the small size of the screen , and lack of enough USB ports is bugging me , and I don't take it out a lot.

I thinking of getting Dell since I can get high spec at affordable rates , and i can get the 17" screen and full size keyboard. However not big fan of windows, but if I get a DELL i will most definitely run Ubuntu on it.

I love Leopard OSX but Don't like my laptop so what should I do?

Favorite Answer

DO NOT GET A DELL! I did and I regret it to this day. Every new Dell has Windows Vista on it now. Good luck with that. Plus their customer service is horrible! My hard drive crashed only after having it for 3 months, and barely ever using the computer. I know have a Mac and love it. I do agree with the same screen size however. I think I'm going to get a bigger one :)

Yes, it sounds a bit weird to sell a Mac for a PC. However, if you want to try something different then why not keep the Mac and just get a Dell? Since you love Leopard OSX.

It all depends. Keep your laptop if you can only find a Windows Vista, because I have had some problems with it. To be honest, Mac is good, but if you want a mac, get a desktop. I know that Dells are pretty good, Ive had a few. They run fast and can do almost anything, if you have it as an XP.

Buy a USB hub for your laptop and save your big money for something meaningful.

It would be stupid to waste money on a Dell that comes with Windows, when you plan to use a Linux distro. Why not assemble your own computer with the precise component list you desire and install your preferred Linux distro on it.

Did you buy this Macbook with OS X Leopard on it? If you don't like the Macbook — despite its having OS X Leopard on it, which is so fantastic in your view — then why did you buy it in the first place?

If it was a gift, how will the person who gave it to you feel when s/he finds out you replaced it with something else?

• ?

the situation with Dell good now is they're working out of money. they're laying off approximately 8,000 workers and closed down one in each of their North American tech telephone web content. So who will answer your tech questions and from what united states, could be properly worth thinking. additionally with any living house windows pc you have the prospect of 116,000 viruses, with a MacBook you get the ideal rated tech help and no viruses to be demanding approximately.

You are the first person I have ever heard of who goes from MAC to PC. It's just unheard of. It's like owning a Porsche and trading it in for a Hundai because you don't like the rearview mirror.