I have really severe gas pains that is causing chest pains, which has caused me to get anxiety/panic attacks?

I have made an appt with a Gastro doctor, I had my gall bladder removed years ago and this pain never went away. I never know what to eat because everything gives me gas. I feel like my esphogaus or diaphram can be damaged. I am going to start with the Gas-X and beano medicine and see how that works, my GI appt is not till JUne 23rd, keep your fingers crossed. Plese help me, the gas pains are causing me to paste around the floor and chest palpitations. My doc otor has given me the lowest dosage of anxiety pills and that calms me down but the gas pains continue that's why I'm going to get a second opinion.

• Favorite Answer

I would go to the drug store and get an acid reducer like pepcid or something. Take it everyday, and it doesn't hurt to triple up on the medication as well. You can get a prescription form, but it's better getting it at a drug store as it's faster that way. Take it everyday. See if it works for you. If so, then it's acid reflux which can cause a hiatel hernia. Which can cause damage to the esophagus. If this works, go to you doctor and have him prescribe protonix, or previcid. Protonix work really good and it might result in a lower co-pay for you if you have insurance

Source(s): health care worker
  • Ivette

You need to start shopping specialists and specialty clinics. Think outside the box, look at causes that do not seem to fit your condition exactly. Have them test for every type of cancer that there is if you have to. There are many diseases that are uncommon but not rare. I don't know what condition you have but the medical help you are presently getting is not up to the task. I myself was misdiagnosed over a period of months. My diseased had progressed so far that I was almost dead before they finally figure out what was wrong with me. The sad part is that along the way they suspected minor back injury, infections, and even had me seeing a shrink. They forced physical therapy on me (which was the worst thing they could have done), they told me to find a new doctor because my orthopedic surgeon did not want me as a patient any more. At one time they tried to discharge me from the hospital against my will. So don't let them tell you that your symptoms are minor or in your head. Your body produces pain to warn you that you have a problem. It is not your fault that the medical staff is incompetent. Make them come up with a new diagnostic plan. Become your own advocate and get a family member to help you with this problem before it becomes a crisis. Not every doctor knows everything. They do not call it "practicing medicine for nothing".

• Beth

I have read some litterature about panic attacks. But they allways seem to have a more scientific approach and that is nothing I need in my struggle to survive those horrible panic attacks. This is a "hand on" and very practical book. I felt it was written to me. I am sure that you are going to feel the same.

Joe Barry writes exactly how I think. The examples are perfectly described. And the method is genius. I recommend this book and thanks Joe Barry for writing it. It changes your life

Reflexolgy point, about two inches below the sternum, works well, as does antacid drinks

Eat smaller meals and don't eat late. Take an antacid before bed.

You might try pine nut oil, I've put a link below where I had purchased it myself. Good info there, it is most worth a try. Sending prayers of health to you, take care.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO