Mithrandir asked in SportsCricket · 1 decade ago

Which cricketing nation is this???

Here I am, situated in one continent, but member of the cricket council of another.

Am a member of the ICC, but am not clarifying whether full/associate/etc.

Very little progress in the game since starting it, but with good reason.

Almost all my players are/were immigrants to my land.

Notably, a major cricketing nation's 'A' team is visiting me soon to boost my cricket development.

Actually, I shall not be meeting them with my national team, but instead with a team that consists of players with a particular qualification from all over the world.

Global players for this team include some from Australia and South Africa.

In fact, one country had objected to my entry into the ICC, and for non cricketing reasons.

Later, in an international tournament in another country, I had faced protests for the same reason.

Am/was coached by another cricketer, one of the greatest his country has produced.

Identify this country using your lateral thinking abilities!!!!

Clue: think China (that's a clue, not the answer)!!!!

DEFINITELY not India. China is out of the question(sorry about the lame pun). Not Hong Kong either.

All wrong upto Zain's answer. Think China, guys, laterally.

Peanut Butter jelly, which country's A team is visiting Hong Kong and how is Hong kong facing them with a team other than their national team?? I knw some of the clues match Hong Kong, but then so does gyanee's answer of Guyana. Also, Hong Kong is in Asia and is a member of the ACC itself. Again, read the question again, the answer is in the Q itself. *China*

Nope. Not Phillipines either.

Again, Japan is in Asia as well as the ACC.

Okay major clue: How is the Chinese script read?

East-Asia Pacific is not another 'continent'. C'mon, I've already given the major clue.

Good guess, Ben, but it doesn't match the other criteria.

That's right Ben!!!! See if you can answer the remaining points too.

PS-did anyone getthe Chinese script clue? What do you get if you read the first alphabet of every sentence, downwards?

PS-did anyone get the Chinese script clue? What do you get if you read the first alphabet of every sentence, downwards?

• вєи
    Favorite Answer

Falkland Islands,

However, I'm not sure of the answer

However it meets most of the requirements

It is part of England, but in the Americas Cricket Association and Argentina did not vote for its inception into ICC

Edit

I think I found it,

Israel,

Israel, although part of Asia is a member of European Cricket Council.

India's A team is visiting Israel to play a team of Israel comprising of Jonty Rhodes, Roland Lefebvre (NED) etc

edit -2

sure, it reads HAVANAGILA or HAVANA-GILA

you are talking about a short film based on Jew Story, (love story between Jew & Cuban girl)

edit-3

Nay, you are refering the Hebrew folk song "HAVA NAGILA" (Let us Rejoice)

Sorry about that.

However that was fun.

• JP

Philippines?

EDIT

Japan?

EDIT2

According to Wikipedia: "Four Asian nations, namely Indonesia, Japan, Philippines and South Korea are members of the East Asia-Pacific Cricket Council instead of the ACC"

• bryner

the component JB replaced into attempting to make that Indian cricketers are not superior proper and that they have got by no ability been surely able to stay as much as the point which you're able to assume from a rustic that has the variety of extensive inhabitants. and then my counter Q replaced into to propose that if cricketers have been superior proper in England then why all their superb gamers are no longer from their "homegrown" pool of expertise ?! The "equivalent possibility" is a very diverse subject to that communicate , yet i agree that ECB supplies opportunities to immigrants and that they try this as a results of fact it facilitates upward thrust their cricket team's usual! cheers~ Edit:@ Sanga, yet surely they are all sri lankans arent they? as in keeping with your answer in my Q . And if its approximately "religions" as you reported gamers non secular backgrounds then India could outclass lanka in those words any day as there have been too many minority gamers who represented India. For TJ's question - i think of West Indies could in high quality condition the bill as they have had gamers of many diverse cultures - be it white , ancestrally Indian, or blacks~

Could be Guyana. I know it is in theSouth American continent. But it is aready part of the West Indies. A lot of the players are children of immigrants from India.

Hong Kong....m sure bout' it !

EDIT : Well, u might be having another answer, but HK fits in your Qn too....

Ireland or Holland

I think either Zimbabwe or Ireland

china

nepal

hongkong