is marijuana a bad drug?

all drugs are bad, but is weed one of the top bad drugs?

Favorite Answer

NO!NO, NO!! marijuana is practically a medicine. The only reason it is not legal is that the American Government is trying to justify it's trillion dollar war on drugs that has only successfully imprisoned nearly 1% of the American population, and driven up the price of narcotics to a price that makes crime pay, Hence the dismal crime rate in the US. Take Countries that pot is legal, like Holland, crime is down and even consumption. Do you ever see two baked people fighting outside a bar, beating up their family, NO! you see that all the time with liqueer, and it is still legal. Look how many people die from tobacco every year, it's still legal.

Source(s): I live in Canada, it is practically legal here. You can even get a perscription from a doctor for it. My dad has gloccoma in his eyes and and pot is so much better then the pharmisutical medicines that his doctor recomends thats what he uses to keep down the swelling.

It's not the worst thing you can do, no. Of all of the drugs it's probably the least harmful.

But--that doesn't mean it's an "okay" drug. I smoked pot for 9 years and I ended up learning quite a few lessons the hard way. It doesn't matter what I say because I know I can't tell you what to do, but don't get into the mentality that just because it's more common, and not "as bad" as other drugs makes it an "okay" drug. That's the kind of thinking that can make the drug "bad."

The reason why you hear about it a lot is probably because it's the most commonly used illegal substance.

It's definitely not on the top of the list for bad drugs. This question really depends on why you are asking, though :P

Marijuana has a tendancy to make people think slowly and "dumb down" while they are high. It can get to a point where you can definitely tell someone is a "stoner" (meaning they smoke a lot of pot.)

As much as people would like to think it's not addictive, it can be, depending on the person. It's not the same as injecting heroine or taking a hit of extacy though.

My opinion might be a little biased considering I come from Victoria, British Columbia... the pot-smoking hippies have bong raffles in front of city hall downtown and people do not get arrested (or even in trouble most of the time) for smoking pot in public. :)

• Stu T

All drugs are bad? what about the ones that make people better if they are ill? You have an opinion about things because you have been told that. Think for yourself. BTW weed is not one of the top bad drugs (i assume smack, crack, meth)

It's better than what else is out there but I say all drugs are bad

dear god, it is no where near the top! its at like the VERY bottom. the only real health risks of smoking marijuana are to your lungs *obviously* and u can lower that risk by using a water bong instead. there are no credible studies that prove it causes brain damage. its not addictive. helloooo?

if you use by extended use it can cause alot of troubles it is strong in parnoia and then there is other things heart problems and strokes and stuff that come with it its not good and most drugs cause cause heart attacks fir stime you are lucky if you don't have one on first time for some of them if you have weak hear good luck

It depends on your point of view. Marijiuana may have medicinal purposes, but it is also an infamous street drug. It's your call.

no its not one of the top bad drugs.

its like one of the least bad drugs

but it still does bad things to you obviously because its a drug

it kills brain cells (makes you dumb)

and they say its the 'starter drug'

it makes you want to try other 'harder' drugs

Marijuana and Chronic (basically the same thing) are the weakest form of drug. If you compare it to LSD, Shrooms, Meth, Coke, Acid, and Ecstacy, its nothing.